Chapter 1 Beginning

In the dimly lit orphanage, a young boy with white hair and hazy black eyes lay in his bed, his gaze fixed on the ceiling above him. As he lay there, he extended his arm upward, attempting to clutch at the air above him as if reaching for something just out of his grasp.

'Man~, why did I have to reincarnate in an anime~? I've never watched one.' The kid thought.

....................

Dantes sat slouched at the back of the classroom, trying to stifle a yawn as he gazed out the window, wishing for anything to break the monotony of what he considered a dreadfully dull school day.

'Can't there be a terrorist attack... Life is so boring.'

The young child found himself preoccupied with a series of persistent thoughts. Despite his youth, he was not particularly social and did not make an effort to connect with others. As a result, he often found himself lost in his own world, grappling with his own thoughts and emotions.

In his opinion, children seemed to lack the maturity and drive to do anything beyond playing video games. On the other hand, adults seemed to be consumed by worries and anxieties, leaving little room for enjoyment or leisure activities. He himself had no particular interests or hobbies and was content to simply exist, without the pressure of finding something to fill his time.

Dantes had always been a distant and detached individual, devoid of any emotional attachment towards anyone or anything. He had never experienced the sense of belonging that one feels when spending time with friends, or the warmth that engulfs you when you return home after a long day at school to the loving embrace of your parents. However, it wasn't by choice that Dantes was this way. He had never known his parents, for he was told by the authorities at the children's home that he had been abandoned by them when he was just a helpless infant.

The boy never shed a tear when he got hurt or stumbled, nor did he ever show any interest in food or toys. He appeared to be a lifeless shell of a human, devoid of emotions and desires. His peculiar behavior and lack of typical human response caused his parents to despise him and eventually abandon him. Despite the mistreatment, the boy did not harbor any resentment towards his parents. Even when they were incarcerated, he did not experience any joy or satisfaction.

"Da-"
'Why do people want to live so hard?'
Dant-"
'What is the use of studying for 9 years of your life only to end up as a whitecollar worker and work yourself to death?'

"DANTES!!"

As he was lost in thought, his reverie was abruptly interrupted by a woman's voice. He sprang up, straightening his posture, and responded in a languid tone.

"Yeees~?"

"Can't you be serious of once?!" The teacher yelled at him again before coughing in her fist.
"What's the derivative of f(x)=2x-9 ?"

'Man does she have to disturb my peace just to ask me such a simple question'
"2."

"That's correc-"

As she opened her mouth to complete the sentence, a sudden commotion erupted in the school corridors. It seemed as if someone's wish had been granted, for the sound of gunshots echoed through the hallways, sending a chill down everyone's spine.
As the sounds of splintering wood and shattering glass filled the air, the room erupted into chaos. People were screaming and scrambling for cover, but amidst the commotion, Dantes remained surprisingly calm. He simply sat back down in his chair, seemingly unfazed by the destruction unfolding around him.

'That startled me a little bit.' he thought before looking at the running kids and teacher in the corridor.
He then got an idea, he picked up a compass from his backpack and hid next to the door frame and looked into the corridor.

What met his eyes was a macabre of corpses and blood on the ground. So much that it would traumatize any sane person. But Dantes remained unaffected and waited patiently.

After a few seconds, he heard splashing sounds coming from the blood being stepped on. Just as the sounds were about to trespass the door, he lunged at the person and stabbed the compass deeply into the man's throat and knocked the surprised man into the ground.
And like a mad beast, he kept stabbing and stabbing, his face getting dyed red.
'Hehe...Eugh?'

Dantes couldn't believe what he was hearing. For as long as he could remember, he had been faking laughter to appease his peers, but this time it was different. The sound that came out of him was genuine and unrestrained, like that of a child experiencing pure joy for the first time. However, his moment of uninhibited happiness was short-lived. As he basked in the afterglow of his unexpected outburst, he failed to notice the cold metal barrel pressed against his chest. In an instant, everything went silent, and Dantes knew that his life was about to be cut short.

He looked at the ceiling, unable to breathe. He could still somewhat think but he was slowly losing his vision, his  and the man's blood mixing and dyeing the ground like a canvas.

And then there was darkness...

...

As Dantes gazed into the darkness, he noticed two colossal turning wheels hovering before him. The wheels were adorned in shimmering gold and silver, respectively, and were covered in a seemingly endless array of names. Despite his curiosity, Dantes found himself too lethargic to concentrate on any one particular name, and instead allowed his gaze to wander lazily across the magnificent spectacle before him.

And then suddenly the silver wheel started rotating and after a few seconds stopped on a name.

'Naruto? Isn't that the anime kids talk about all the time? What does that mean?'

Then he noticed a small word written above the wheel high up in the sky(darkness).
'World?'

Then the golden wheel started turning too, this time, he read beforehand the word above it and read.
'Perk.'

[Choose your gift: (Text|  )   ]

Just as the golden wheel was about to stabilize, a small rectangular bubble appeared before him.
He didn't know what this meant but suddenly he remembered that one teen passing by talking about an anime called Bleach. Especially Hollowfication , this word had hit him as it had the word 'Hollow'. That depicted what he was always feeling, emptiness...
So he clicked on the text and typed Hollow. Just as he typed that he forgot the golden wheel that had stopped turning but it was too late as his vision turned black.
...............

Konoha orphanage:

Dantes was lost in thought when a high-pitched voice broke his concentration. He turned his head to the side and was greeted by a bright and cheerful scene on the street. Across from him stood a young child with a wooden ninja plate adorned with Konoha's symbol, adding an element of playfulness to the atmosphere. The child's voice was innocent and pure as they asked, "Namake, can you help me do the dishes today?"

"Call me Dantes." He said very calmly while looking in the kid's eyes. The other side however felt something odd. Namake had always been enthusiastic and energetic all the time from the moment he came here. But now, just looking at his eyes sent small shivers down his spine. His usually gray eyes were now an opaque black.

"Hum, what for? Are you trying to imperson-"
"Just call me Dantes from now on." Dantes replied in the same monotonous voice.

"Hum, ok... So can you-"

"No. I'm not feeling well today."

"Oh-oh alright then, rest well!"
'What is going on with him today?' Though the small kid, but before he left, Namake or should he call him Dantes's voice sounded behind him.
"What was the last major event that recently affected Konoha?"

The kid was extremely puzzled by this out of the blue question.
"I don't know."

Dantes nodded his head and laid back down on his bed, still staring outside.

He fell into his mind, quietly thinking about useless things.