Sorry

As the night sky hung above, with no stars to illuminate the darkness, a dimly-lit back alleyway was the stage for an encounter between two individuals. One of them was standing with a stoic expression, his face upturned towards the sky. The other person was standing opposite him, her face etched with worry and anxiety, unsure of what was about to happen next.

"So he did it after all." The teenager's tone was dull, not an ounce of surprise in his voice. He turned around and looked into Konan's eyes and said indifferently; "Did you get them all?"

Her expression then turned to one of sadness. Three years ago, the teenager before she had talked to her about his strange state of mind.

She had hoped that even if it was all but an illusion he had created of himself; something he forced himself to 'feel' to stimulate his sense of normality to mimic his peers that he would at least show the slightest bit of emotion when faced with the extermination of his clan.

"Yes... I got every one of them except four which were directly taken by Itachi himself. They're all stocked in this scroll." Konan's voice was a little weird. She had placed paper butterflies around the Uchiha compound on his orders. Because of this, she had witnessed the massacre take place in person, the crying kids, the dying women, and the powerless elderly.

Her extended and slightly shaking hand held a beautiful red scroll. He glanced at it but shook his head. "Hold on to it for now."
Dantes' gaze then averted to the sky once again, his long white hairs swaying in the night's breeze.
'I will maybe resurrect them later on. I'm sure the system has a way for it anyway.'

Konan then heard a slight mocking laugh come from him. "I'm sure that old one-eyed bastard must be seething to death hehe~."

"What are you going to do with your brother?"

There was a silence, the singing insects had disappeared. She could feel slightly suffocating, the air around her becoming slightly more difficult to breathe in.

When he noticed this, he immediately calmed down and walked toward her. When he was close enough, he grabbed her hand and placed it on his cheek.

Konan was very confused at that moment, this was the first time this happened. And before she could take her hand off, she felt a surge of energy enter and strengthen her body.

"I'm sorry Konan... I don't know what took me over." Dantes then wordlessly retreated into the darkness of the night, as if nothing happened. "I knew at the time that a few emotional words had little chance to change the end. Who is his partner?"

"Ah... It was concluded that it would be Juzo Biwa, he's a rogue ninja from Kirigakure and one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen."
Konan was startled out of her daze and kind of stammered.

"Is that so."

...

On a long dirt road surrounded by cornfields, a convoy of two citizens and five swordsmen. could be seen traveling. Their guard up.

Their march was interrupted by two robbed individuals.

They all stopped, two guards taking the initiative to interrogate them. "Who are you?"

The robbed man with a big two-handed sword lifted his weapon on his shoulder and criticized;

"The ninja villages talk about peace and stability, but all they do is search to justify their existence.

In the shadows, they manipulate and plot to take the ascendancy on the others. Without the knowledge of the foreign powers of course~.

So they called us, as long they pay, we do it."

"Y-you bastard!" They all put on their fighting stances and were directly shot upon by a big fireball. This didn't cause any damage, their swords were wrapped in chakra.

Before they could do anything, a big sword swung at two of them, directly killing them. The rest were killed without any chance to fight back.

"And that's how you do it. No questions asked. This is the Akatsuki."

When they exploded the bridge, they sat around a bonfire in silence.

Itachi took the initiative to ask in a calm voice; "Our leader, Pain, talked about world domination, what did he mean exactly?"

Juzo laughed; "That's for later on, we still need humans and economic resources."

They were then summoned spiritually by Pain in a sort of cave. Their new mission, kill the lord of the land of water.

A day after the mission, Itachi was once again summoned by Pain and everyone noticed the two missing persons.

The leader looked at Itachi, asking him to explain.

"The mission didn't go as planned, we were intercepted by the 4th Mizukage and the Hunting Brigade of Kiri. He died trying to deflect the metamorphosed Mizukage's attack."

They didn't talk about Kakuzu, knowing well enough how his duo died.

But in this meeting, they all noticed a new presence. They couldn't figure out who it was, his figure was extremely distorted and glitchy.

Orochimaru didn't really care and instantly asked; "Itachi-kun~, we could be teammates from now on."

This decision was kind of contested but in the end, accepted.

The meeting ended smoothly, under the newcomer's gaze. They could all tell it was focused on Itachi.

...