chapter-thirteen

felix pov:

when i got home, jisung surprised me with some hot chocolate and a movie night just for us two. we were sitting on the couch in our living room, cuddled up together under a blanket. a few minutes into the movie i suddenly got a message on my phone but didn't read it directly. after a while i got a second and a third message.

we made a break after half of the movie because jisung had to go to the bathroom,so i grabbed my phone and opened the messages. to my surprise, they were from hyunjin. i hesitated for  a moment before opening and reading them.
the first one said: „hey felix. is everything okay? you seemed a little different earlier when you left." i frowned a little. why would he even care? he didn't care when i was there, so why now? the second message came 15 minutes later and said: „did you get home well? are you okay?" and the third one came 7 minutes later: „are you ignoring me? did i do something wrong?".

i sighed and leaned back on the couch. i started typing my response, but quickly deleted it, not sure what i wanted to say. i mean yes..he did do something wrong but i didn't wanna seem like an asshole for being upset over him talking with another friend?

after a while jisung came back and saw me sitting on the couch with a frown on my face. „hey whats up with you? why are you looking like that? you're gonna get folds on your forehead if you keep looking like that" he said as he sat back down next to me. i looked up at him and sighed before speaking up. „nothing..it's just..hyunjin texted me." not even a second after i finished my sentence, he snachted my phone away and read the messages. then he looked at me with the same confused expression as mine.
„that idiot. why is he noticing only now that you were upset? what are you gonna answer?" he asked and gave me back my phone. „i dunno what i should say." i said quietly and looked back down at his messages.

after a few seconds of thinking i started typing: „hi. yes i'm home safe and no i am not ignoring you, i was just watching a movie with jisung. you didn't really do anything wrong..no." i wrote and send the message. after that i put my phone away and we kept watching the movie.

when the movie was over, jisung went to the kitchen to get another bowl of popcorn for the next movie.
my phone light up again and i got a message from hyunjin. i took my phone and opened it: „oh okay that's good then..." i didn't answer anything and put my phone down again. jisung and i went to bed after watching the second movie because we had to work tomorrow.

the next day, jisung and i were already in the store, working, when i saw a familiar car pulling up. i tapped jisungs shoulder and said: „hyunjin is there. i'll go to the back and take my break now."
i turned around and walked to the back into the break room and took out my lunch. i heard the door of the store close and hyunjin's muffled voice. after a few moments, i felt a soft tap on my shoulder and turned around, only to see him standing behind me.

„um..hi" he said awkwardly and sat down next to me. i put my sandwich down and looked at him. „hi? what are you doing here? you're not allowed to be back here."
„yeah i know. it's just..when you didn't answer my text yesterday, i really got the feeling that i did something wrong so i wanted to stop by and ask you in person." he said while looking into my eyes.
i got a little uncomfortable by his stare and looked away. „yeah well...it's nothing serious so just forget it." i said while looking down at my food.
„no felix please, just tell me what's up so i can fix it. i don't want you to be upset with me." he said in a soft, pleading tone.
i sighed and looked back at him. „it's just that...yesterday when i came over to dinner, you were only talking to that jeongin guy, and i just felt left out. you two were snuggled up beside me and i sat there like a lost puppy on the couch. you just shouldn't have invited me, if you didn't wanna hang out with me." i said while looking at him.
he stayed silent for a moment and then looked away from me. after a while he spoke up with a quiet voice. „oh...i see". he went quite after that again. i turned away from him and looked down at my sandwich again. „it's not like i didn't want you over." he said suddenly. „it's just that jeonigin and i we're-"
„no don't worry. you don't have to explain yourself." i said quickly and stood up to leave the room.

before i could reach the door, he quickly grabbed my hand and looked down at me. „felix please just listen. jeongin and i are like brothers. his parents died when he was 14 so he lived with me and my parents till he was 18. he still comes to visit every now and then. i'm sorry i should've told you." he says while keeping my wrist tightly in his hand. „oh...i see. sorry." i said and looked away form him, feeling really embarrassed by my behaviour.
„you don't have to apologise, you didn't know." he said and slowly let go of my wrist. „hey how about i make it up to you? we could have dinner again at my place next weekend if you want. from what i know, minho and jisung made plans together for saturday." he said and looked down at me with his big brown eyes.
it was a really nice idea but... „would your parents be okay with that?" i asked while looking at him.
„uhh probably. they said they liked you so...but it actually wouldn't matter because they're not home that weekend. so what do you say? can i make it up to you?" he said with a pleading voice and took a step closer to me.
„oh...well...okay i guess. we can do that then." i said and smiled at him.  he smiled back. „okay great. i'll just have my driver pick you up. see you on saturday lixie!" he said and then left again.
i stood there and looked after him with a confused expression. his driver...? and did he really just call me lixie?where did he even get that name from? oh lord i bet jisung told him. that little-

i walked out of the break room after finishing my lunch and got back to work.

like promised, part 13 for ya'll :)
i hope you enjoyed reading it...
you can leave requests or guesses what will happen at hyunjin's house in the next chapter, since they're alone... ;)

have a great day/night, i love you<3