CHAPTER V

As the next week began the boys had already accustomed to the new pet cafe.

Hoshi, Woozi, Dino and Seungkwan just arrived.
Wonwoo, Mingyu and Vernon quickly followed. Meanwhile Seungcheol, Dokyeom, Jun and Jeonghan were there from the early morning.

They were all there.

Mingyu and Joshua started serving the customers with freshly brewed coffees.

"I see you have a new barista!" Hoshi exclaimed looking at the blonde haired boy behind the cafe counter.

"Yup! Felix is a new entry here!" Joshua spoke with a proud smile plastered on his face.

A moment of silence followed as everyone was enjoying their coffees and Joshua, Mingyu and Felix were absorbed in their work.

And as the day went by, everyone slowly left following their own schedules, except Jeonghan who kept on playing with the orange fluffy cat he adored.

"Look he's so cute!!" Jeonghan spoke to Mingyu, pouting like a little baby. The younger was putting on his jacket as it was closing time now.

"He is" Mingyu moved closer and gently petted the animal's soft head. A grin formed on his face as the cat purred to Mingyu's touch.

"Mingyu I think he likes you more" Joshua smirked from behind. Jeonghan side eyed Joshua with his brown mischievous look and followed to roll his eyes in annoyance. Mingyu chuckled at the small interaction that seemed less hostile than usual, after all he was there when Jeonghan apologized to Joshua.

Mingyu was quickly putting on his jacket as he had a dinner date with Wonwoo at a fancy restaurant.

"Guys I'm sorry for leaving such in a hurry but I'm already late and Wonwoo's waiting for me outside" Mingyu hurriedly grabbed his phone from the counter.

"No worries, bye Mingyu!" Joshua waved.

"Bye see ya!" Jeonghan added as he waved as well.

As Mingyu left, Jeonghan and Joshua stayed a few more minutes petting the animals and exchanging small talk.

"So are you tired from work Joshua?" Jeonghan inquired.

Joshua paused to think for a moment.
"Strangely enough, I'm not" he replied.

"Oh you're not?" Jeonghan added.

"No... why the question?" Joshua asked.

"I was just curious" Jeonghan responded and focused his gaze on the fluffy cat once again.

The older suddenly stood up and turned towards Joshua.

"What?" The younger wondered.

Jeonghan suddenly grabbed Joshua's hand.
The latter lowered his gaze down at their hands. He seemed confused at the gesture.

"Let's go" Jeonghan quickly spoke.

"I'm sorry I'm a little lost... let's go where??" Joshua raised an eyebrow as he couldn't understand the older's intentions.

"Star-gazing" Jeonghan confidently replied, "The hand holding is unnecessary you're right" the older added as he let go of Joshua's hand.

Jeonghan was just thrilled of this new friendship he couldn't hold back the excitement, so sometimes he would act silly.

Joshua looked weirded out at the gesture... he didn't know whether he was disappointed when Jeonghan let go of his hand or not.

"I know the cafe has a rooftop" Jeonghan paused and observed Joshua's reaction, "let's go there" the older suggested.
"If you want to of course..." he added as he didn't wanna seem desperate.

Joshua stared at Jeonghan as he was considering the offer, it sounded weird since just a week passed since they made up. Nevertheless he wanted to follow the older's plan.

"Sure" Joshua replied, "yeah let's go" he added in confirmation.

They ran up the stairs and got to the rooftop.
The sky was clear and the shining stars were as bright as ever.

"Woah!" Joshua said wide smiling, looking up at the delightful view.

"I think that's the Ursa Minor" Jeonghan pointed up at the sky.

Joshua seemed slightly lost as he was attempting to find the constellation but he just couldn't due to his lack of knowledge on the topic.

"There" Jeonghan spoke with a soft toned voice as he got closer to Joshua and pointed his finger.

"Ohhh" the younger expressed.

A moment of silence followed as they both stared up in awe.

"You know, you smell really nice" Jeonghan suddenly noted.
Joshua threw a weird glance at the older, he was somewhat surprised at the compliment.

"Did you just smell me?" Joshua asked puzzled.

"Not on purpose don't worry... I'm not a creep" Jeonghan rolled his eyes in annoyance, crossing his arms.

"Thank you for the compliment I guess?" Joshua replied to the previous comment.

Jeonghan's eyes fell on Joshua's, as he observed the reflection of the galaxy in the younger's bright eyes. The older soon realized and turned his gaze on the clear sky.

"You really enjoy star-gazing huh" Joshua added as he noticed Jeonghan was deeply impressed by the beaming stars.

He giggled.

"Are you making fun of me Joshua??" Jeonghan turned towards the younger.

"No" Joshua chuckled a little, "I'm serious"

"Well yeah I enjoy studying astronomy. I like star-gazing" Jeonghan replied to the previous question. "It's an old hobby of mine" Jeonghan added.

"When I was younger my grandfather would take me out and teach me about astronomy" Jeonghan continued, "he used to be so fascinated about stars, he tought me many things that I still reminisce" the older paused and turned back his gaze at the sky, "now whenever I star-gaze it's like looking at him from below... I believe he's somewhere up there. Whenever I notice the brightest star I just know that's him" Jeonghan finally added.

"I see" Joshua ran out of words as he didn't expect such a revelation. He collected his thoughts.

"I'm certain he's looking at you from above..." the younger paused, "and he must be so proud of you..." Joshua added.

Jeonghan smirked at the comment as Joshua appeared to have softened up a little.

"Thank you" the older said.

"And you..." Joshua continued, "you seem changed... in a good way"

"You've never got to know me though" Jeonghan noted.

"How, HOW could I" Joshua rolled his eyes as he was getting annoyed once again.

"I'm just kidding my goodness" Jeonghan giggled as he rested his hand on the younger's arm.

"Care to give me a back scratch while you're pretty much there?" Joshua inquired as he chuckled.

"Here?" Jeonghan scratched the younger's back as he attempted to find the right spot.

"Nope more to the side" Joshua commanded as he seemed to enjoy the back scratches.

Jeonghan followed the younger's order and finally found the right spot. "Ohh right there" Joshua commented.

"I could employ you at the cafe and you could scratch my back whenever needed" Joshua joked.

"Ha ha ha very funny... you're a funny guy Joshua" Jeonghan replied ironically.

"Thank you I know" Joshua thanked the older.

The two stood there quietly observing the stars and as the night deepened both of them decided it was finally time to go home. They walked together and kept on talking about trivial stuff.
It was an enjoyable night for Jeonghan and Joshua as they kept on thinking about their new friendship.