CHAPTER XV

Jeonghan's pov

I widened my eyes, knowing damn well I was going to tell my mom everything now.

"M-mom hi" I greeted her with a hug as she grinned at me.

Joshua stood behind me. He didn't move as he realized my mother was there.

"Hello boys I'm sorry for interrupting, I was about to go back to the hotel but Dokyeom insisted on waiting for you so I followed him here..." she explained.

"I see..." I scratched my neck in nervousness, "well mom this is Joshua, he's the guy I've talked to you about..." Joshua stepped closer and extended his right hand to shake it with my mother's.

"Nice to finally meet you!" She moved closer and hugged Joshua, ignoring the handshake, "let's skip formalities here" she chuckled as she caressed Joshua's back, the latter seemed agitated. He faintly smiled.

"Nice to meet you too" Joshua replied, "please come in, make yourself comfortable" he added.

My mom soon followed and she remove her leathered boots.

"I guess I'll leave you guys to it... I have some stuff to deal with" Dokyeom excused himself. We nodded and greeted him. After all the situation must've made Dokyeom quite uncomfortable.

"So do you study Joshua?" She inquired as the three of us sat in the living room.

"I don't... I've been getting into astrology lately because of Jeonghan" he paused as he glanced at me with a soft smile in his face, "I've been working at the pet cafe for quite some time now though".

"Hm interesting" my mom commented as she looked at the both of us.

"Well astrology holds a special place in my son's heart, it makes me happy he found someone to share this hobby with" she spoke sincerely as she sat back, resting her back on the sofa.

"I assume you've been spending a lot of time together..." She remarked as her gaze moved to me.

"Mom what are you trying to say..." I murmured.

"Nothing Jeonghan, I'm just glad that's it"

"Well Mrs Yoon I like your son, I like him very much and yes, we've been spending more and more time together" Joshua blurted out.

I widened my eyes at him. His gaze was fixed on my mom.

"You- you like him?" She asked.

Joshua nodded.

My mom laughed.
"Thank god, I thought it was one-sided..." she mumbled, "I mean I knew my son liked you from the way he spoke of you... his eyes lit up when he mentioned you, and as a mother, I know my son, I know what he likes... or better, WHO he likes" she giggled once again.

I rolled my eyes at the comment, it was embarrassing.

Joshua grinned looking at me. He seemed amused.

"He isn't a friend after all" my mom added as she sipped on the warm tea Joshua made.

"Yeah he isn't" I remarked.

"You guys should come and visit us sometimes" my mom suggested as she glanced at both Joshua and I.

"Well mom we have work to do so I don't know about that-" I replied but Joshua soon interrupted me.

"It would be my pleasure!" He answered ecstatically.

"Josh-"

"Good, my husband and I are looking forward to you two then" she stood up, seemingly ready to leave.