That Night

That evening Pheonix was waken up by an unfamiliar she-cat nudging at her. Phoenix groaned rolling left and right before fully waking up. She yawned opening her eyes flinching at the sight of Wolf' Spider.

"GAH!" She whispers screamed in surprise. Wolf' Spider pointed to the entrance of camp flicking her tail as Phoenix shrugged and emerged from the den following close behind.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Pheonix asked confused.

"Just wanted to talk..." Wolf sighed as they stopped at the glowing river nearby Pheonix's territory. Phoenix smiled turning to Wolf' Spider.

"I wanted to talk to you about my father...I've mentioned him before but not the whole picture...I will tell you...but I also want to know about your father...what he has done...You've mentioned what he's done but again not the whole thing...you don't have to tell me but...I want to tell you..." Wolf sighed as she looked upon the river, sorrow filled her eyes a she stared at the water before speaking.

"I was born here...at this river...My father...ever since he found out my mom was expecting...I knew he was forming a plan..." Wolf began as she held back tears and settled down closer to the river.

"When we were born here...my mother thought my father wouldn't do it...she knew he was forming a plan...So we hid...he still found us...I was born in a litter of 4...he killed 3 of them as my mother watched the whole thing...my mother screamed for him to stop...but he refused and killed my mother...I watched it all happen in horror...I managed to escape and I found my way to survive on my own as a loner..." She finished as she wiped her tears. Sorrow filled through Pheonix' Song as she nuzzled herself into Wolf' Spider's pelt. Tears formed in her eyes as Phoenix pulled away, wiping her tears. Tears formed.

"I- I'm so sorry that happened to you..." Phoenix frowned as Wolf' Spider nuzzled her in comfort as they rolled on their back to watch the stars. A few minutes later they begin talking about stuff and how they relate to each other. Before they could say anything else a noise was heard from within the bushes.

"Ahem..." The voice called and Swampy' Foot, the deputy of Amythest Clan and Phoenix's clan emerged from the shadows with a stern look on her face.
"S-swampy' Foot!" Phoenix gasped.

"And who might this be?" Swampy asked raising a brow.

"S-she's just a friend! I- I swear!" Phoenix cleared her throat dipping her crown. Phoenix was just trying to save herself from exile since she knew Wolf' Spider might be more than just a friend.

"Very well...If she's a friend of yours...she's welcome in our territory...but you must come back to camp...were setting up patrols..." Swampy ordered as began padding away back to camp. Before Phoenix could leave, she gave a quick lick in between the ears of Wolf' Spider as a goodbye nuzzling her one last time before padding off back to camp with Swampy' Foot. As Phoenix arrived at camp Storm' Pond bounded to her side as they gathered for patrols.
"Phoenix' Song, Storm' Pond, Couger' Leap, and Cedar' Wood...you will take the border patrol Phoenix' Song you lead..." Swampy began as Phoenix' Song dipped her crown gratefully as she began to walk off.

"Robin' Paw and Wood' Paw can go on a hunting patrol...I think they'll need the training...Otter' Tusk and Spine' Perch can go with you..." She told the apprentices as they all dipped their heads and bounded out of camp. The border patrol set off with Phoenix' Song at the head as they met with Wolf' Spider. Storm' Pond and Couger' Leap sprinted off their paws attacking at Wolf' Spider.

"STOP!" Phoenix yowled pushing them off and licking Wolf' Spider's wounds.
"She's a close friend...she means no harm..." Phoenix growled as the two sighed dipping their crowns at Pheonix as they set off to patrol the rest of the borders. Phoenix stopped in her tracks at the border near Breeze' Clan there was scattered prey everywhere. Phoenix leaned down to sniff the prey it wreaked of badger mixed with fox.

"Badger...mixed with Fox...and its fresh...we need to report this." The patrol set off back to camp before Storm' Pond went off track to find a different way back to camp just in case of more dangerous things to report. Storm' Pond ran over the thunder path as he spotted what looked like Shark' Tooth and tripped he shook his head as he slowly stood up. Before he knew it, he felt a rumble beneath him. He tried to run to safety, but it was no use, a monster ran him over making him unconscious.