chapter -19

As the unconscious barcode begins to awaken, a flurry of thoughts races through his mind like scattered puzzle pieces slowly falling into place. Gradually, the haze begins to lift, and fragments of memory start to coalesce.

Where... where am I?, His inner voice whispers, echoing in the recesses of his consciousness.

The faint beeping of monitors serves as a backdrop to his thoughts, a steady rhythm punctuating the silence of the room. His eyelids flutter open, heavy with drowsiness, and he squints against the harsh glare of the fluorescent lights above.

What happened? , Panic flickers briefly, a distant ember in the depths of his mind, before the fog of confusion begins to dissipate.

Beside him, a figure sits hunched over, shoulders shaking with silent sobs. Recognition dawns slowly, like the first light of dawn creeping over the horizon. Is that...?

For a moment his world felt like frizzed , he couldn't believe the person sitting by his side.

A surge of warmth floods his chest as he realizes who it is. He is here... with me.

His fingers tremble as he reaches out, tentative and hesitant, as if afraid the moment might shatter like glass if he moves too quickly. His touch brushes against the tear-streaked face of his and a flood of emotion threatens to overwhelm him.

In that moment, amidst the chaos of beeping monitors and tear-stained cheeks, a silent vow forms in the recesses of his mind.

(BARCODE POV)
.
.
.
I couldn't trust my eyes. The only person with whom i had always shared everything was sitting right beside me.

He was there for me......

As i touched his face , he looked up to me. His face was covered in tears.

He reaches out, wrapping arms around me in his tight embrace. "Why didn't you call me!? Why!?", arun asked as he continued his crying.

The warmth of his hug offers solace in the midst of mine. I tried to speak but no word came out. I couldn't help but break into tears one more time.

The embrace speaks volumes, words left unspoken yet understood between us. In that moment, time seems to stand still, the worries and fears of being alone momentarily forgotten in the comfort of his warm hug. I couldn't bring myself to say a word.

He also didn't asked me anymore question. We just stayed in the warmth of each other.

After a few moments, we broke the hug and he finally looked into my eyes. Even though i knew, he might have guessed it already but still i felt his eyes were filled with question.

But before he could ask me anything, a doctor came in.

"You finally woke up !! I don't know what your friend might have done if you have stayed unconscious for another day", doctor said with a smile in his face.

Another day??, i couldn't understand what he meant. I looked at arun .

"You were unconscious for 2 days.", he said. I was in shocked. The last thing i remembered was crying by the door after phi jeff left me.

No..no... What will happen. What if my family get to knows about all this. I started panicking thinking about all the possiblites. My whole body was shaking. It felt like i was choking and couldn't breathe.

"Come down young boy. Everything is fine. You were running a high fever when you're friend brought you to the hospital. That's not a big deal but what is a big deal is that , you've to take care of yourself. ", doctor said looking at me.