Beginning of The End

Bradley sat on the concrete staircase out in the school's courtyard watching Natalie and Neilson endure yet another fight, he sighed to himself and rolled his eyes before shaking his head. Neilson yelled angrily and gestured wildly. He stood up and walked down the concrete staircase and stood between them "Guys" he said amongst their arguing "Guys!" he said once more as they ignored him "GUYS!!" he yelled

"WHAT?!" they both asked.

"People" he said gesturing to everyone who was standing around watching them fight "Alright, move it along, show's over people, get going, yeah that means you too McCaffery, beat it" Bradley said to his classmates who quickly dispersed.

"Oh well this is just wonderful, really, thank you Neilson, I hope you're happy!" Natalie said to Neilson as she walked away.

"oh you know Nat I'm really not!" Neilson said to her.

"Ugh!" she screeched before stalking away from him.

"Dude" Bradley said "What is going on with you guys?" he asked Neilson.

"She!...ugh!" Neilson groaned in frustration.

"What happened now?" Bradley asked.

Neilson went silent, thinking to himself "I don't even remember" Neilson said to him.

~*~

"Hey" Wendy said entering the girls' bathroom, Natalie furiously swept a makeup brush across her face "What is going on? people are talking" she said.

"Of course they are don't they have anything better to do?!" Natalie asked irritated as she searched through her purse.

"I heard something about you and Carter having some kind of domestic dispute out in the quad?" asked.

"I swear Wen he is just...infuriating!" Natalie said searching through her purse "Frustratingly infuriating!" she clarified.

"Trouble in paradise again?" Wendy asked.

"I swear there is something about this time of year that just brings out the worst in him! you know he got a tattoo without even telling me?!" she asked.

"So I've heard" Wendy said to her "So how did you guys manage to get through the last rough patch?" Wendy asked.

"A shooting, a kidnapping , and an explosion" Natalie replied.

"You making out with Littrell..." Wendy said.

Natalie glared at her "Seriously?! You're gonna throw that in my face too?!" she asked.

"Sorry" Wendy said to her.

"Wen I don't want to have to keep going through personal tragedy after personal tragedy just to hang onto him!" " she said.

"Okay enough with this, you're good" Wendy said taking the brush from her.

Natalie finally leaned against the sink and put her head down before looking into the mirror "I don't know what to do" she said sadly.

~*~

"And here is your change" Bradley said handing a customer their change "Have a good day" he said as they turned to leave.

Natalie squeezed in past them and approached the sales counter "Hey" she said to Bradley.

"Hey... didn't think I'd be seeing you here today" he said to her.

"Where is he?" she asked when a large crash and a large collection of angry cursing came from the backroom.

Bradley clinched his eyes shut, wincing at the noise "Just follow the yellow brick road" Bradley said gesturing towards the back room.