Friends In Low Places

You're bringin' on the heartbreak
Bringin' on the heartache
You're bringin' on the heartbreak
Bringin' on the heartache
Can't you see?

Music played loudly in the bar, Neilson sat at the bar, a bottle in his hand "Well well Neilson Carter" Charlie said seeing him.

"Hey Charlie" he said solemnly.

"Ooh, you're not looking so good there" Charlie said.

"Thanks for noticing" Neilson said "The last few days have been nothing but pure hell" he said.

"Yeah I've been there" Charlie said.

"So...what's got you diving into a bottle?" he asked when they heard the bells above the door jingle, they looked over to see Natalie standing there.

"Guess that answers your question" Neilson said to him.

"Well hello there dear" Charlie said to her.

"Hi Charlie" she said.

"Charlie, can I get another? And keep 'em coming" Neilson said to him, Charlie nodded and walked away.

"What are you doing here?" he asked keeping his back to her.

"Well" she said hopping up into the stool next to him "You keep avoiding me at school" she said to him.

"Yeah there's a reason for that" he said to her.

"And then Kyle told me that you're staying with your mom so I went there to see you and she told me you went out...she's not too happy with me right now either" she said.

"Can't imagine why" Neilson said.

"And since you and Bradley aren't speaking...I figured this is where you'd be" she said.

"Well great you found me...you can go home now" he said.

"No, not until you talk to me" she said.

"What's to say?"

"I think we have a lot to say to each other" she said to him "I mean is this it? Are we not friends anymore?" she asked.

"Friends?!" Neilson scoffed in amusement "You think we're still friends? Really?" he asked "You broke my heart Nat" he said as she looked at him sadly "Because you didn't want us to end up hating each other, but it doesn't really matter now because I do, I hate you...all the love I had for you disappeared when you decided to screw my best friend, hope he was worth it" he said as tears welled up in her eyes.

She sniffled "Okay, fine" she said wiping tears away "Neilson, you have every right to feel what you're feeling" she said.

"Thank you, I appreciate it" he replied.

"But what about Bradley? Do you hate him too?" she asked.

"You really don't want to talk to me about Bradley right now, I will deal with him in my own time."

"Neilson we didn't mean for it to happen it just did."

"God I am so sick of hearing that!" Neilson said angrily.

"Well what do you want me to say? I can't explain what happened okay!" she said "It was just sex, it didn't mean anything!"

"So that's your explanation, you can't explain it it just happened?" he asked.

"Yes!" she said "As ridiculous and stupid as it sounds, yeah...Neilson...I don't know what is gonna happen with us, I mean I hope one day we can move past this but I can't and I won't stand by and let you just throw away your most important relationship because of a mistake, I am not an idiot when it comes to the two of you, you share this unbreakable bond, you always have, you always will, you put each other above anyone and everything else, I know you and I know you won't just walk away that easily, you need him, and he needs you and if you need a reminder...just look at your arm" she said she said as she hopped off the stool and left the bar.