Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away

A pair of elevator doors opened to Sasha, she stepped out on to the hospital floor, Vicki stood at the nurses' station reviewing a patient's file "Hey" she said to Vicki.

"Oh hey!" Vicki said.

"Welcome home" Sasha said as they hugged.

"Thank you" Vicki said closing the file and handing it to the nurse.

"How was the conference?" Sasha asked.

"Oh you know, typical medical conference, doctors and nurses getting drunk in between lectures" Vicki said to her.

"Sounds fun" Sasha said.

"It's really not" Vicki said "This is a surprise though" she said.

"Yeah, you think we could talk?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah sure" Vicki said as they went into her office.

"What's going on?" Vicki asked pulling a couple water bottles from a small refrigerator.

"It's about Bradley and Neilson...something's happened."

"Oh god what'd they do now?" Vicki groaned in frustration.

"Well for starters...Natalie broke up with Neilson" Sasha said.

"What?" she asked.

"Yeah" Sasha said.

"Oh no" she said "what happened?" she asked.

"I think things got too tough and Natalie couldn't handle it so she decided to end things."

"Wow...well I'm sorry, that's awful, is Neilson okay?" Vicki asked.

"He's devastated."

"I can imagine" Vicki said "So where does Bradley fit into all of this?" she asked.

"Neilson walked in on him and Natalie having sex the other night."

Vicki looked at her dumbfounded "What, what are you talking about?" she asked.

"I'm not a hundred percent on all the details yet, this is basically all just hearsay but Bradley went out one night, he ran into Natalie and they ended up fighting...I guess she was flirting with some other guy" Sasha said. "They started arguing and then something happened, it turned into this moment of passion, they started kissing and they ended up going back to her house" Sasha said.

"No, no Bradley wouldn't do that, especially not to Neilson he knows how much that would hurt him" Vicki said in disbelief.

"What happened?" Vicki asked.

"Neilson walked in and busted them, they had it out and needless to say Neilson's not very happy right now" Sasha said.

"Well I guess not, what is the appropriate reaction to finding your best friend in bed with the person you love?" she asked "Oh god what was he thinking?!" Vicki said.

"It's a mess" Sasha said "well it sure sounds like it" Vicki said.

"And I know my son, Neilson is the most important person in his life, Bradley is going to beat himself up about this and he's going to drown himself in guilt and regret" Vicki said.

"How do we get them through this?" Sasha asked.

Vicki sighed "As much as I would love to make this all better for Bradley, there's nothing we can do" she said.

"Yeah I figured as much" Sasha said.

"I guess they need to find a way to work this out themselves" she said.