Goodbye to Romance

Natalie's front door slammed shut behind her as she returned home Neilson followed closely behind her flinging the door open "Alright now this has gone on long enough, you wanted a truce, I gave you a truce but that clearly wasn't good enough" he said to her.

"I am not fighting with you about this anymore!" she said frustrated "God you know you always do this!"

"What? What am I doing?"

"You need turn everything into an argument!" she said.

"I turn everything into an argument?!" he asked in disbelief.

"You can't even listen to me anymore!" she said.

"Okay fine I'm listening, say what you want to say."

"Neilson" she said irritated.

"No, go ahead, you want to talk, let's talk" he said to her.

"Do you not see the similarities between what's been happening lately and what happened last year? we were having problems just like we are now" she asked.

"Oh yeah that's right, hey isn't that when you decided to make out with my best friend?" he asked irritated.

"Oh my god you just love throwing that in my face don't you?!" she asked angrily.

"No Nat believe it or not I don't, I don't particularly love the idea of you making out with Bradley, behind my back, and I didn't exactly love the idea of finding out about it from crazy papa Winchester either!" he said to her.

"Well you certainly love the idea of using it against me whenever you want!" she said to him "Look after everything that has happened last year, the shooting, the kidnapping, the explosion, I thought we would be okay, because it seemed to put everything into perspective" she said.

"Okay and?"

"We're right back to where we started."

"You said we were good" he said to her.

"Neilson everything just doesn't go away just because we have sex, that doesn't make everything better" she said.

"So what do you want Nat? what do you want me to do?" he asked.

"All I know is that this isn't working anymore and if we go on like this we're just going to end up hating each other and I can't let that happen" she said sadly.

"What are you talking about? That won't happen."

"It already has!" she said.

"What, you hate me? Is that what you're saying?" he asked.

"No, I love you, that's why this is so hard."

"...Are you breaking up with me?" he asked in disbelief.

"I'm sorry" she said tearfully, he stared at her silently, shaking his head and leaving, the door slamming shut behind him, she ran to the door and opened it, seeing him disappear into the dark, she shut the door and slid down to the floor in sorrow.

~*~

"What do you think happened with the odd couple?" Adam asked Bradley as they closed the store together.

"Who knows" Bradley said scribbling something down in his notebook yet again.

Adam returned a broom to the supply closet and grabbed his jacket "What do you keep writing in there" Adam asked pulling his coat on.

"None of your business!" Bradley said closing his notebook and shoving it into his backpack.

"Hey you think if they break up, Neilson will finally let me be mean to Nat?" Adam asked.