II: BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS

Things seemed blurry for some reason, but she did feel very dizzy, it was as if she was attacked from behind. What made her even more confused was the fact that she was lying on the ground. Is it possible that she just tripped? Just thinking about why she was there made her mad, but once she was able to finally open her eyes, she saw that she was lying on concrete. That alone confused her, since the last thing she remembered was walking back to where her friends were located.

???: "Ugh... my head. What the hell?" She wasn't able to find the strength to stand up, so she just started crawling towards something, that something was only a few meters away from her. As she crawled over to the object that caught her attention, she saw that it was a big piece of glass. Unbeknownst to her, a shattered glass window could be seen not too far away from her. She continued crawling until she was looking down at the piece of glass, it was big enough to resemble a mirror. Once she looked into it, she saw her reflection... and a cut located above her left eye, and it was bleeding quite a bit.

 and a cut located above her left eye, and it was bleeding quite a bit

Akane: "Huh? How the hell did that happen?"

Akane Owari, the Ultimate Gymnast. Born and raised in a terrible neighbourhood and forced to take care of her many siblings, Akane would end up working part-time jobs in order to feed her brothers and sisters. Although her mother was constantly dating different men, so Akane isn't exactly sure how many siblings she has. After being approached by a weird-looking old man during one of her shifts, she found out that he was a gymnastics instructor, and the main reason he visited her is because he thought she had an amazing body. That alone sounds creepy, but he honestly thought she could definitely become a gymnast if she really wanted to.

With the promise of making good money and being able to move into a nicer place with her siblings, Akane took the old man's offer and became a very skilled gymnast, so skilled that she ended up being known as the Ultimate Gymnast. Her incredible talent caught the attention of Hope's Peak Academy, but once she tried attending the school... she found herself on an island with fifteen other students.

That was the beginning of the killing school trip. She and her fellow classmates were forced to participate in a game where their lives were always on the line, and she was lucky to make it out alive. Only five people escaped the killing game, including her. She lost many friends during her time in the killing game, but once she and her fellow survivors defeated the one behind the killing school trip, they were able to escape. But in actuality, the killing school trip took place within the Neo World Program, which allowed its subjects to enter a virtual world. They were originally placed in it to recover from despair, but an AI of Junko Enoshima corrupted the program and tried to kill Akane and her friends.

The last thing Akane remembers was walking hand in hand with one of her fellow survivors. They were walking towards a barge after paying respects to two people who sadly are no longer with them, Chiaki Nanami and Chisa Yukizome. But before they could board the barge, Akane started to feel like her surroundings were vibrating, almost like she was experiencing an earthquake. And then without warning... she started falling. It didn't last long, but everything went dark after her head collided with something hard, that must've been the pavement beneath her. Luckily for her, it didn't look like she fell from too high up, or else she could've died from the fall.