VIII: DIVINE MERCY

Nagito (Remnant): "So... is it okay for me to ask about these powers of yours?" It has only been about ten minutes since Nagito and Yoshi left Towa Tower. Yoshi has been carrying Nagito on his back while he navigates Towa City, and it would be difficult if he was doing it on foot, but he wasn't doing that. Yoshi was using the element within his body to make himself levitate off the ground, and with the element mostly in his feet, it was almost like he was flying. The best comparison was the feeling of wearing a jetpack. Yoshi used the same method once before, but it wasn't important enough to bring up around Nagito.

Yoshi: "Uh... I'm still not sure if-"

Nagito (Remnant): "Come on, I can't help it if I'm curious. Ever since Izuru's plan began, we've only seen other variants of us. You have any idea how many variants of myself I've seen since all this started? It gets boring over time, so I want to know more about you. And if it's okay, I'd like to know more about your world as a whole too." Yoshi couldn't really blame Nagito for asking questions, he would be doing the same if their roles were reversed. "It's gonna take a bit before we arrive at the shrine grounds, so why not use this time to get more acquainted?"

Yoshi: "..." Maybe he should throw Nagito a bone, it would only be fair. Since they met, Nagito has been nothing but helpful, giving Yoshi information about this world he finds himself in, Izuru Kamukura's plan, and of course, the whereabouts of other surprise visitors like him. "...Okay, I'll tell you."

Nagito (Remnant): "I'm all ears." He was excited, so excited that he ended up tightening his grip. Nagito had his arms wrapped around Yoshi's neck from behind, and Yoshi had his arms holding on to Nagito's legs that were wrapped around Yoshi's waist. It didn't really feel weird giving someone a piggyback ride, especially since Yoshi needed to hold Nagito as tight as possible. Because if he doesn't, he could lose his grip... and Nagito could fall to his death.

Yoshi: "When I was born, my parents were shocked to see that I wasn't saying anything. I know it takes a while for newborn babies to start making noises, other than crying or screaming, but that moment never came. Down the line, my parents found out that I felt uncomfortable talking around girls, so my mother was heartbroken. She was so heartbroken that she left my father to raise me alone."

Nagito (Remnant): "Interesting. I know it's sad, but don't feel too bad. After all, every protagonist needs a tragic backstory."

Yoshi: "A-Anyway, after she left, I never saw her again. Years went by, and I was going to a school that only allowed boys to attend. It was something I requested, but over the years, I was starting to get better at talking to girls. But while I was attending that all-boys school... my father fell ill. He died while I was at school."

Nagito (Remnant): "..."

Yoshi: "After I graduated from that all-boys school, I enrolled in Tenbi Academy. It was a unique school for students who possessed a special power that they called 'Makens'. Students usually have one Maken, but I found out that I possess two. But right now, I only have one, and I have no idea how to use it."

Nagito (Remnant): "At that point, you had no idea about my world?"

Yoshi: "Not yours, but a different one. I already told you what happened in that universe, and it ended with Izuru and the rest of you remnants leaving the Future Foundation after saving its members."

Nagito (Remnant): "Hmm..."

Yoshi: "What?"

Nagito (Remnant): "Oh, it's nothing." It's obvious that it wasn't nothing, even Yoshi could tell. It appears that Nagito was deep in thought, so Yoshi decided to try and give him more information about himself.