V: STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

This day was anything but expected. Firstly, Fuyuhiko and his friends found themselves in a city they weren't familiar with, and they have no idea how they even got here. Secondly, they encountered Hiyoko and Mahiru in the subway, but they weren't acting like themselves. If nobody came to save them, Fuyuhiko and his friends probably would've been killed. Finally, the one who came to the rescue is a complete stranger. Not only that, but that stranger showed no hesitation when it came to killing Mahiru and Hiyoko.

Currently, Akane and Kazuichi were sitting on the edge of the platform, just contemplating everything that's happened to them so far. They didn't have to worry about a train arriving at this station because the tunnels were completely blocked with debris. Hiyoko said as much before she was killed. Sonia was looking over Mahiru and Hiyoko's dead bodies, trying her best to wipe the tears away as they continued to fall down her face. Fuyuhiko and Akane carefully picked up the bodies and placed them up against the wall, they also made sure to close their eyes, nobody wanted dead bodies to stare back at them.

After Minato's arrival, he demanded that someone explain what's happening, but no one could really answer him. Instead of lashing out, Minato decided to try and investigate the debris blocking the tunnels, and Fuyuhiko decided to help him.

Minato: "Dammit! Whatever decided to fuck up this city really didn't leave any loose ends."

Fuyuhiko: "Are you gonna tell us who you are?"

Minato: "I'm pretty sure I told you guys my name." His tone revealed that Minato was frustrated, an emotion that he couldn't get rid of without a good reason.

Fuyuhiko: "Look, I get that you're angry, but that ain't gonna save us from what's happening out there. Please tell me who you really are, and we might be able to help."

Minato: "..."

Sonia: "Please, Minato. We are just as scared as you, and we really want to find our way home."

Kazuichi: "Are we really gonna just overlook the fact that this murderer just killed two of our friends right in front of us!?" With anger being the key feeling, Kazuichi stood up and approached Minato, Fuyuhiko and Sonia. Without even flinching, Minato showed a small, but sinister smile.

Minato: "You wanna join them?"

Kazuichi: "H-Huh!?"

Fuyuhiko: "Hey, both of you quit it! No need for senseless violence!"

Sonia: "We all need to get along. I know that might be tough for us to do, but surviving alone is far from possible."

Minato/Kazuichi: "..."

Sonia: "Okay, now that we have calmed down, please tell us who you are." Seeing how pure Sonia was acting made Minato think about Shizuka, and he knew that overreacting isn't gonna solve his problems. While hesitant, Minato decided to give in to Sonia's request.

Minato: "My name is Minato Kasaki, and I'm from Tokonosu City."

Kazuichi: "Huh? Tokonosu?"

Minato: "Yeah, did I stutter?"

Kazuichi: "N-No, it's just... I've never heard of a place called Tokonosu."

Minato: "Well... I've never heard of a place called Towa City, so I guess we're in the same boat."

Akane: "Wait a minute! Towa City? Kazuichi, didn't you say stuff about Towa City?" Now it was Akane's turn to leave the platform and approach the others.

Kazuichi: "Yeah, I did. I said that we might be in Towa City, but I didn't have any proof. Hold on, how do you know that we're in Towa City?" He directed that last sentence towards Minato, and he was desperate for proof of where they were.