XI: SEARCH & RESCUE

Taking a secret route that led outside of Towa City gave the five survivors a lot of time to get to know each other a bit more, there wasn't really any other way to pass the time. The underground passageway they found in the main shrine grounds was much longer than they expected, but then again, the shrine grounds wasn't exactly close to the city's exit. It would've taken a while to just walk underneath the city, but it should take even more time to walk a safe distance away from the city.

Almost three hours have passed since they first entered the passageway, and they couldn't help but be irritated with being underground for so long. Yoshi was a little surprised that 'Makaru' hasn't disappeared yet, even when he wasn't really focusing on maintaining his Maken. Losing control of a Maken can happen when the user doesn't remain focused, but in Yoshi's case, it looks like he didn't have to worry about that. He should be able to make 'Makaru' disappear whenever he wants, but if it needs him to do it manually, then it's also possible for people to try and take it from him.

Maki: "I wasn't expecting this passageway to be a short walk, but we must be at the end soon."

Himiko: "Can somebody carry me? My feet hurt."

Nagito (Remnant): "Not to worry, we should be near the exit point very soon."

Maki: "Didn't you say that half an hour ago?"

Nagito (Remnant): "I did. But even though I was wrong, I'm more likely to be right this time."

Shuichi: "You're way too optimistic."

Nagito (Remnant): "Hehehe, sorry. But you should know that I don't really know for sure if we're close to the exit point."

Himiko: "Then why did you say we should be close to reaching it!?"

Nagito (Remnant): "To reassure you."

Himiko: "That's it! My feet can't take this torment anymore! Nagito, I demand that you carry me!"

Yoshi: "Uh... I don't think that's a smart idea."

Himiko: "Nyeh?"

Yoshi: "Nagito isn't capable of carrying you properly, because... well... he's unable to move his left arm."

Maki: "What?"

Nagito (Remnant): "He's right. Around the time Junko Enoshima took over Hope's Peak Academy, someone I hate with every fibre of my being, my classmates were forced to embrace despair. In doing so, we willingly began killing people, not to mention spreading despair across the globe. During the killing school life, Makoto Naegi and his classmates were able to defeat Junko, and that game ended with her executing herself. But even after her death, the world wasn't recovering from the despair that she caused. Sadly, my classmates and I were becoming more and more unhinged. I remember watching Fuyuhiko remove his own eye and replaced it with one of Junko's eyes."

Himiko: "W-What!?"

Yoshi: "Nagito did something very similar to that. He went back to Hope's Peak Academy, found what remained of Junko's dead body... and-"

Nagito (Remnant): "Cut off my own arm and sewed Junko's arm in its place." Maki, Shuichi, and Himiko didn't want to believe it, but once Nagito removed the glove covering his left hand and pulled up his left sleeve... they could see that he wasn't joking. He really did sever his own limb and replace it with Junko's. Of course, he's unable to move the arm... you know, because it's not his own, so it's basically dead weight. Although it's not his entire arm that's gone. Nagito cut off his arm around the forearm area, so he could still move his shoulder and upper arm, but nothing below that.