chapter one

Rody's POV:
i woke up in my dirty apartment,remembering i have a new job to look forward to.The time was 4:23am Perfect! i had plenty of time and i could even show up for training which was at 5:00am.I walked over to my practically moulding closest to were my work uniform was hanged up.I sprayed my lemon cologne on and dashed out the door.Hopping onto my bike and rushing to my new work place

all i could think about while i was riding to the 'La Gueule de Saturne' was Manon. She was the reason why i was doing this after all. To please her and show that am not the person she thinks iam! i was hoping to her to ring her this morning but just like every other day for the past month. Nothing. I know she said she wanted to have a break but who needs such a long break? jesus i love this girl yet shes so confusing! she's demanding i mean just thinking about it she always wants things her way if i screw up just a bit she goes off its draining. i don't remember the last time we actually had a good time together but now i have this new job we'll have so many good memories ill treat her so good she'll won't even remember all them times i messed up..even if they weren't that serious...But besides the point this job will make her proud...! hopefully
i approached the bistro which was pretty dull if am going to be honest but appearance didn't matter at least it would pay well. parking my bike, i walked into the restaurant to see a tall a little lanky male.Jet black hair in a middle parting wearing chefs uniform. he was a handsome fellow would give him that.

before i could even finish my thought process the male proceeded to speak.

"oh wow, you actually showed up for training"

his voice was deep,cold but calming in a way..wait what was i thinking i just met this guy the fuck.

"on time too!" i stammered nervously.
"barley" the man rolled his eyes with his hand on his hip.

i chuckled helplessly, i guess he's not the jokey kind.But the hand on his hip is sassy
"This is a highly sought after position.Be grateful you're even getting the benefit of being told how to do ur job"

jeez, guess someone work up on the wrong side of the bed.But if was 5am so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

"your resume showed many..many jobs in the service industry so i assume you already have some of this down"

"u-uhm..yes!" i say quietly

"though i'm choosing to ignore the rate at which you got new positions".

his hands gradually went from being on his hip to being crossed with a cocky look on his face.

"Hey! having 28 service industry jobs over the course of seven years is pretty impressive...when u think about it". it really wasn't but i wasn't just gonna let this guy bash on me! we just met for christ sake.

"and even less impressive when you think about it for 5 seconds more" he said as he looked into my soul..spooky

"but enough of the chit chat, you have experience, as i said so you'll probably already know the basics, but this is a five star restaurant so i expect the best service from you."

"Yes chef!" i saluted which only got me a eye roll and a head shake of disapproval.

"As i was saying, customers will start flooding in soon, get them to the appropriate table. keep in mind how many people are dining you don't want a large group crowding around a private area.

This would be a piece of cake, i've worked in so many restaurants this is child's play to me...

A middle aged woman walked in,
"table for two please" she said in a strong accent almost British or some kind.

"of course ladies follow me" i smirked as i led them to their table"

"here you go, the menus take a look and raise ur hand when your ready to order!"

They smiled before their eyes glued to the menus i had given to them previously.

"good job" The man said as i walked over.
"they'll take a moment to see what we're serving today".

"what we're serving today?"
"yes, patrons don't pick what they eat, instead we have a strict menu that changes daily".

i stared in confusion.That is so stupid what if you walk in and the shit their serving is just disgusting?? this guy needs to be more diverse.

"you'd know that if you read the interview".
He looked mad..well if i have to be honest i skimmed it so technically it's still reading...and plus i just needed a fucking job.

"i uh skimmed it" i chuckled scratching the back of my neck.
rolling his eyes he dismissed me to get back to work. The women had put down their menus, ready to order
"a main please sir!" the women asked
"and a main for me aswell" the other woman followed on
"of course! it'll be with you in no time!" i cheered

this restaurant needed more cheerfulness, and am just the guy for that!

"once you have their meal ticket bring it to the market between the window and the door- that'll send it to the kitchen".
"the cooks will start work on whatever order you have right away but keep in mind they prioritise cooking the dessert, side, meal, and appetiser in that order."

His face then turned cold,
"don't pester or distract any of the cooks if it's taking to long".

i nodded as i waited for the food to arrive.
when it did, i swiftly brought it to the customers
"that was fast thank you sir" the lady smiled
i smiled back, its not hard to be rich and nice i suppose.

This cycle repeated until a depressed, lonely man walked in, he looked like pure shit, but i wouldn't say that to his face of course, especially on my first day.
"table for one" he said sounding like he was dying
Jesus! poor guy sounds like he's going through a rough time.

"uhm..yes of course follow me sir" i calmly said as i walked him over to a empty table. i didn't want to be to cheerful since it looked like he could even process how he even got here.

i gave him the menu for the day and he looked at it and the sadness from his face was quickly replaced with rage.

"Is this all you fucking have? Can't even get a decent meal nowadays, what has this world come to!" the man sounded raspy, like he was on the verge of tears

"Hey-i don't make the rules here if you have a problem either speak with the boss or leave."

Shit guess that was his breaking point because before i knew a fist flew into my face.

"WHAT THE FUCK??" i screamed alerting the attention of everyone in the restaurant including My boss.

{Okay that's it for chapter one!! i hope you all enjoyed and if they is anything you'd want me to add or just simply give me feedback it was be highly appreciated thank you so much!}