Cassandra Dimitrescu(School AU)- Bullied

Nova was shoved against the locker, being held by the collar of her hoodie. Her bully, the school’s bitch, Stacy and her friends were laughing. Stacy held Nova against the locker.

Stacy: Oh, Nova. I asked you to do one thing and you couldn’t do it.

Beth: What a loser.

Heather: No wonder she doesn’t have friends.

The three of them laughed again. Nova stayed quiet, keeping her crimson gaze down.

Beth: And what’s with her eyes? They’re freaky.

Heather: What a weirdo.

Stacy: It’s a shame, really. You have the potential to be popular like us but you didn’t take it. All I asked was that you help us prank Cassandra and you didn’t, did you?

Stacy pulled Nova closer by the collar of her hoodie. Stacy was taller than Nova and always used it as an advantage. Stacy gripped Nova’s jaw to keep eye contact.

Stacy: Now, be a good girl and go get Cassandra for us, ‘kay?

Nova didn’t answer, just looking up at Stacy. Beth and Heather laughed as Stacy pushed Nova back into the locker.

Stacy: Go on, freak. Go get Cassandra like a good girl.

Nova just walked away, knowing Cassandra was going to be pissed that Stacy touched Nova again. Nova and Cassandra were dating, which Stacy didn’t know, and Cassandra was protective of Nova.

Nova: “Fuck… This is going to get bad.”

Nova thought as she rubbed her jaw where Stacy gripped. She knew Cassandra was with Bela and Daniela, probably in the library so she walked there. When she got there, she heard the three sister’s voices and got nervous. She was as easy to read as a book so, if she came up to Cassandra acting happy and casual, she’d know something was up. But, if she came up looking like she did, nervous, rubbing her jaw and not happy, she’d also know something was up.

Nova: “Well, what can you do? It’s gonna end up the same either way.”

Nova walked over to Cassandra and her sisters, hands in her hoodie pouch and a nonchalant expression on her face. Daniela was the first to see her.

Daniela: Nova!

Daniela hugged Nova and gave her a little kiss on the forehead, in a friendly way, and let go of her.

Bela: Hey, Nova.

Bela gave Nova a sideways hug and a little kiss on her head. Cassandra knew immediately something was wrong and pulled Nova into a protective hug.

Cassandra: What happened? You seem off.

Daniela and Bela were now looking at Nova with questioning looks. Then, it clicked to them. Nova was quieter than usual. They immediately got serious.

Bela: Was it Stacy again?

Nova nodded, hiding in Cassandra’s chest.

Daniela: What’d she do this time?

Nova: She wants to talk to Cassandra.

They all knew it was a lie. Cassandra gently but firmly gripped Nova’s chin, tilting her head so they were looking at each other.

Cassandra: Don’t lie.

Nova: I don't know what she wants. She just told me to get you.

Cassandra: Hm.

Bela: Do you want us to watch Nova?

Daniela: You know Stacy and her idiots hate you, Cass. Literally for no reason.