Daniela Dimitrescu(Mafia AU) - Family Enemies (Part Five)

Nova looked down and smiled warmly, giving Daniela’s head a little kiss. Daniela lifted her head, her amber eyes half lidded and tired.

Daniela: Hm?

Nova: You’re cute.

Daniela: Mm.

Daniela put her head back on Nova’s chest, her eyes closed.

Nova: Sleepy?

Daniela: Mm.

Nova: Okay.

Nova went back to looking at her phone, letting Daniela use her as a pillow. Nova started to run her hand through Daniela’s hair with her left hand, using her right hand to hold her phone. She heard a gentle knock at her door, knowing it was her mom since Atlas just barged in whenever. Luna poked her head in, smiling softly.

Luna: Hey, I just wanted to tell you that Alcina is staying tonight, as are her daughters.

Nova: Okay.

Luna looked at Daniela’s sleeping self then at Nova. Luna came into the room, closing the door quietly behind her, and sitting on the edge of Nova’s bed.

Luna: You know that if Alcina and I get married, you and Daniela-

Nova: I know. I don’t care though.

Luna: I know you don’t, you get it from me. But, the media will be all over it.

Nova: I know. I can handle it.

Luna: God, you take after me. I’m a proud mother.

Nova laughed softly with Luna.

Luna: I’m glad you found your person.

Nova looked down at Daniela with gentle, loving and soft crimson eyes.

Luna: I just want you to know that I will do my best to make it easier for you two. Alcina will as well.

Nova: Thanks.

Luna: Also, I heard that Atlas is being protective?

Nova: I guess. He kept glaring at poor Daniela.

Luna: Well, he just loves you. He doesn’t want what happened between Allen and I happening to you.

Nova: He told you that?

Luna: Yeah.

Nova hummed softly, gently playing with Daniela’s hair. She was just gazing at Daniela’s half hidden, sleeping face.

Luna: I heard the staff talking about you two. Gabrielle and Dawn were totally fangirling over you two. Axel and Julius were joking with the other bodyguards. Apparently, they heard Alcina and I and you and Daniela.

Nova: Those two are like brothers to me, of course they were joking. And of course they did. This house is fucking amazing but the walls are kind thin.

Luna: I know. It’s cute how you three are so close. You and Axel used to beef a lot and now he’d give his life for you.

Nova: Yeah. We still do but it’s only for fun.

Luna: You guys are funny.

Daniela shifted a little in her sleep, cuddling closer to Nova and snuggling into her chest. Luna chuckled softly and Nova smiled, rubbing Daniela’s back in a gentle and loving way.

Luna: Well, I’ll leave you two alone now. I just wanted to tell you. Alcina and I have been talking about getting married for a while, we just haven’t…

Nova: Thought it could actually happen?

Luna: Yeah.

Nova: Well, I hope you do. I like how Alcina treats you. She’ll be better than Allen, not only for you, but for Atlas and I, and even the staff.