Daniela Dimitrescu(Mafia AU) - Family Enemies (Part Six)

Luna and the others were just staring at Nova with very concerned eyes. Daniela and Luna looked like they were going to cry, Atlas looked horrified, Alcina was shocked, Bela was silent and Cassandra was just staring at Nova's side with wide and concerned eyes.

Allen: Oh? Did I hit Nova?

He laughed, sounding very drunk and psychotic.

Allen: Maybe I should do it again.

Atlas and Nova both looked at each other with wide eyes. Atlas quickly pulled Nova away from the door but not quick enough. Nova was shot in her back, close to her shoulder blade going straight through.

Nova: Oh, shit.

She didn't sound panicked. Her voice was light and she looked down at herself, looking at the two bullet holes in her. She gave a single chuckle and fell.

Daniela: Nova!

Luna and Daniela quickly moved to Nova, who was panting softly and holding her side. Nova was on her hands and knees, her blood dripping onto the carpet. Atlas kept himself against the door. Alcina and her daughters looked horrified, shocked and scared.

Luna: Nova! Look at me.

Luna held Nova's face in her shaking hands. Nova whimpered slightly but wasn't crying or doing anything else. Daniela took her hoodie off, leaving her in her black sports bra, and wrapped it around Nova's body. Nova's black hoodie was soaking her blood.

Nova: Yo... My body kinda warm.

Nova looked up at Luna, blood dripping from the corner of her mouth. Her blood was dripping onto the carpet and she was panting softly.

Luna: We have to get you to the hospital.

Allen: This could've been avoided if you just let me in.

Atlas was dead serious and silent now. He was obviously angry. Daniela was too scared to be mad, focusing on Nova. Alcina moved to the door, helping Atlas push against it. Bela and Cassandra went to help Nova. Luna moved Nova so she was on her back, her body leaning against her mother's. Daniela was looking at Nova's side, which was bleeding badly, and her abdomen, which was also bleeding from her shot to the back.

Nova: Mama... I kinda hurt right now.

Nova's voice was light and she sounded kind of scared, which was very unlike Nova.

Luna: I know, estrellita.

Nova whimpered again when Daniela touched her abdomen.

Daniela: I know it hurts. Just let me look.

Nova had her eyes locked onto Daniela's hands. Her hoodie was wet with her blood and sticking to her body. Nova started speaking in Spanish.

Nova: Mama, it hurts a lot.

Luna: I know.

Nova whimpered when Daniela moved her hoodie up, showing her bleeding abdomen and side and her tan, slim midriff.

Daniela: We have to get help.

Bela: I already called the police.

Cassandra pressed Daniela's hoodie to Nova's side, which made her whimper and whine in pain. Luna stroked Nova's head to calm her down and comfort her.

Luna: It's okay, estrellita. You're okay. You're going to be okay.

Nova started breathing a little slower, which was a sign she was calming down. Luna had her arms around Nova from behind, sitting on the floor with Nova's body pressed against her. She could feel the blood from Nova's back seeping into her own shirt and it scared her, making her hold back tears.