Chapter 8

Jessica's POV

"I can't believe you called me already and it's only the second day!" Cato said while carrying me.

"I din't have any choice plus would you rather have me die" I snapped at him.

"Look I didn't mean it like that but I'm just glad you're fine" He said.

"How's Oak?" I asked

"Fine, he's a really strong for a kid did you know that?" He asked me and I nodded

We started to see their camp and I wasn't surprised to see it was at the Cornucopia. I saw Clove talking to Oak they seemed to be close friends while Marvel was trying to sharpen his spear. What surprised me the most was I saw a blond figure and was surprised it was Peeta.

"Why is Peeta here?" I asked

"Begged us to keep him around and he says he'll help us find Katniss" He said and I remained silent.

"Cato!" Someone shouted and I looked to see it was Clove "Jess! Are you alright?" She asked me and quickly ran over to us.

"I'm fine just a little scratch" I said "A little? Look at that wound Jess what happened?" She asked me while Cato was setting me down at the Cornucopia underneath a sleeping bag.

"Glimmer got her" Cato said

"I knew she was up to something!" Oak said who was now by my side

"Look I'm fine" I said "No you're not! Clove get some medicine from the supplies" Cato ordered.

"Already on it" She aaid and I saw she was already rummaging through their supplies. Honestly, it wasn't that much of a pain I'm used to a beating worse than this but here at the arena wounds like this can get infected which would be the worst thing to happen.

Then Clove returned "Cato get out of here now and guard the camp with Peeta and Marvel" Clove said. At first Cato seemed angry for being bossed around but followed soon and then I was left with Oak and Clove. oh their names rhyme maybe I should give them a pet name Cloak, Ove, ClovOak hard..... OakClove (Pronounced like Oak and Clove's name note love oaky?) I like the name OakClove.

"What are you laughing about?" Clove asked "Nothing" I said quickly.

"Oak you should go too, to make sure when I'm done treating her there's food for her to eat." Clove said "Alright, missed you Jess amd next time be careful" Oak said

"Jess, this might hurt" She said warning me and I nodded. She was gonna stitch up the wound I guess. I felt the needle passing through my skin and sure as hell it hurt but as I said before I'm used to the pain.

"It's done I suggest not to put too much pressure on your leg but knowing you once I turn around you'll be walking so what's the use. I'll just get Cato to help you sit by the firepit" She said.

Soon Cato got inside the Cornucopia

"Did it hurt?" He asked

"Of course it did, you should know, but I went through a hell of a lot worse" I said.

"Well then ready?" He asked, pertaining if I was ready to be carried again by him, and I nodded. He picked me up and I felt a tinge of pain which cause me to have a really quiet whimper but I hopped he didn't here me.

He gently set me down by a branch which was near the fire pit, which wasn't lit. Cato left with Marvel saying they needed to look for tributes leaving me with Clove, Oak and Peeta. Clove was guarding the camp, Peeta was making sure no supplies were missing and Oak well he was keeping me company.