Chapter 2

I do not own anything except for my original characters this is all from the brilliant mind of Suzanne Collins hope you enjoy! Credits to Helvetica for making my trailer thank you :)

Chapter 2 (Jessica's POV)

We were at the train and I'm seated across Oak with him all calmed and relax but he just keep playing with his key chain which is his district token and Agatha is standing in between of our chairs and she just keeps blabbering about how we would enjoy the capitol.

I didn't listen all I did was look at the window behind Oak and I could see trees starting to fade and I realized I would miss the smell of trees

every time I wake up.

Then the doors started to open and it revealed Johanna and Blight which of course would be our mentors Johanna looks like she's at her early 20s I guess she's gonna mentor me and Blight I guess would mentor Oak. Agatha excused herself out and Johanna and Blight started to talk to us.

"Would you like to introduce yourselves?"Johanna asked

"I'm Jessica Woods"I said all calm "I'm Oak Trislon"Oak said a little shy

"So do you want it to be separate training?"Blight asked

"Of course it's separate training Blight there's two of us"Johanna said

"So talents?"Blight asked staring both at Oak and me

"I guess I'm good with the ax and I maybe a little bit strong"Oak said

"How about you Jessica?"Johanna asked me all curious."I used to live in district 2 and I was trained to kill no need to worry about me now I need to go and rest"I said a little I went out the door I heard Johanna mutter something like "Looks like we might have a winner this year"

I went over to watch the reapings of other tributes the girl from District 1 seems pretty maybe...then the boy from the same district seems to confident then I saw the tributes from District 2 I was praying that they wouldn't volunteer if either Cato or Clove volunteered I knew that it meant I would be dead even before the games started sure I'm friends with them but it's been too long and they might not even care about me anymore.

The guys were picked first then I heard the name who was drawn and it was a person who I didn't even knew and I was thanking the heavens that it wasn't Cato then suddenly "I volunteer as tribute" Someone said. My heart fell to the ground I knew whose voice it was it was Cato's I guess he didn't fulfill our promise the girls were gonna be picked I didn't watch the start cause I was still dreading that I might have to kill Cato or he might even kill me. Then I went to look again at the tv it was just the crowd cheering for the district 2 female tribute I was about to look away when I realized it was Clove.

Oh no not her too...I continued to watch the reapings of other tributes but I couldn't shake the feeling of my 2 best friends are gonna be at the arena and we might kill each 11 the female tribute was a little girl named Rue she reminds me of Willow I guess with that little size she can run their male tribute was a big guy named Thresh looks like Cato's got grabbed my attention was district 12's girl which I learned her name was Katniss volunteered for her little sister Prim it kind of reminded me of my reaping I couldn't help but to tear up.