Chapter 3

So here I am at the elevator with Oak about to go down to the training area.

I can remember Blight and Johanna's instructions to stick with stations like rope and traps and to go to weapon stations after lunch or to keep our talents the elevator stopped and the doors opened we weren't the first ones their but we weren't the last ones too.I can see the tributes from district one which I learned their names were Glimmer and Marvel I can see Cato already at the sword station and Clove hogging the knife station I haven't talked to her yet maybe I'll talk to her later.

I went to stations and learned things like starting fire,learning which berries are edible,effects of plants and I even went to I went to camouflage I started to paint my arm with orange and red to form the ground at home when it's full of fall was my favorite season at home it always seems romantic especially when the sun rises in the morning.

Then suddenly a knife appeared and shot the side of the table my arm was on.I jumped a little out of surprise and I looked at the direction the knife was thrown at and saw Clove...Hmph figures Clove always does this before when I was still in district 2 and when we would train she always does this to communicate with me.

I looked at the knife and saw a note attached to it wonder where she got the paper I opened it up and it read:

Thought you would have hogged the knife station

I guess I was wrong what happened to my little

Jess.

~Clove

Oh wow was she challenging me I turned the note around and wrote my message with the paint from the camouflage station.I attached it again to the knife

and I saw Clove shooting the dummies one by one and I saw her targeting the last dummy so I decided to throw the knife there.

I shot it and it went straight to the heart give me some credit I haven't thrown a knife in a while and hello look at the distance where I threw it.

I saw Clove got startled a little and she looked around to see who threw it and when her eyes landed on me I gave her a smirk and went back to painting my

arm the note actually says:

Just busy for today trying to keep my talents a secret but I'll join you later

~Your best friend Jessica

I always wondered why I was acting weak when I could announce to all the tributes that I am from district 2 and could kill them in a second and a lot of questions came to my head Am I gonna die at the bloodbath?Am I gonna kill anyone?Will I die?Is Cato gonna kill me?...Cato won't kill me right I mean I am his...I am his...I don't really know what I am to him but he didn't change at all he was still the same,acting all cold but deep inside he has a pure and loving heart my thoughts were interrupted by Peeta...

"You're good"Peeta said looking at my arm

"Aw thanks you too"I said when I noticed the camouflage he did with his arm

"I'm Peeta this is Katniss"He said I saw Katniss of course I knew her I mean she's the girl on fire

"Jessica but call me Jess if you want even Jessica too what ever floats your boat"I said

We chatted and I found Katniss and Peeta really fun and with their lives we kind of have the same experiences aside from the whole District 2 thing but I could sense the awkward feeling so I left I mean no use to getting attached we might have to kill each other.

I went over to Rue cause I really want to meet her I found her at the slingshot station

"Hey Rue"I said