Five

We finally stopped when my head had spun so much that when the man placed me down, I vomited everywhere. I got to my knees and let out all of my dinner. When there was nothing left, I still heaved.

"Retrieved." A deep voice said. I had not realized my surroundings, there was a carriage with a smaller caged trailer connected to the back of it. Four large horses were drawn at the front, a man fed them. I couldn't make out his features until he approached. Simon.

His large frame came into view and I heaved one more. I tried to scoot away from him as he got closer. I couldn't allow this to happen to me again. It nearly destroyed me the first time and I'd rather die than let him have his way with me again. I spat at his feet

A disgusting smile crept onto Simon's lips at the sight of me. I nearly vomited again. I could feel his eyes, undressing me, sweeping over my wide hips into my too thin waist. They landed on my breasts and lingered there for an uncomfortably long amount of time.

"Davina, the guest of honor. I'm so glad you decided to grace us with your presence." He sneered. I was unsure if I should attempt to run. I could make it to the tree line in about ten seconds, but it would be pointless. They would catch me in a matter of seconds, with their vampire abilities.

I looked behind him and saw two women in the cage, bound and gagged. They were dirty and their clothing was torn to rags. They looked at me for help, I could see it in their eyes. They almost looked like mother and daughter, or perhaps sisters. They were related for sure, looking at their bright blonde hair and dark green eyes. I couldn't tell if one was older in the light of the moon.

"Confused are you?" He grinned. "Not that you are smart enough to understand, but I was just finishing up my deal with Agnes and Francine. You're coming with me. Hop in." He demanded, I looked ay his face in shock, making direct eye contact. I was already paralyzed with fear, but my heart nearly stopped at his words. I was very confused. I did not understand what was happening.

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going anywhere with you, you sick fuck." I sneered, spitting on him again. This time I got up and bolted. I ran as hard and fast as I could.

I made it five steps. I assumed this was because he let me think I would get away for a moment. His body slammed in to mine, knocking the wind of me and causing me to fall to the ground. Sharp rocks stabbed into my palms as I tried to catch myself. His muddy boots came into view and I looked up as he took a swig of beer from a glass container. He sighed loudly, twirling the contents into a whirlpool.

"You are. Or did you not get my message? What a marvelous night that was. The flower meadow. Some of my best work, don't you think?" He laughed and it was a sick sound. He leaned down in front of me and cocked his head, as though he was debating his course of action. He shrugged slightly and faster than lightning, he raised the bottle and it came crashing down over my head. 

--

I came to and was lying on the floor of the carriage. I was covered in my own blood, and my bodice was still ripped open, leaving me exposed. I could feel that Simon had his way with me while I was unconscious. 

 I still felt almost intoxicated from the blood he forced down my throat, I could taste the copper flavor on my tongue. Most likely a tactic to try and heal me, bring me back from the brink of death he has so graciously brought me to. 

There was a dense fog around my mind and I felt as though I was dreaming. It almost made me sick. I forced the bile that rose in my throat down. Simon was sitting on the bench in front of me, unbothered. I dared to look up at him, and I accidentally made eye contact with him.

"What the bloody fuck, do you think you're looking at?" He backhanded me. Hard. I could feel blood forming in my mouth from my cut lip. This was definitely going to leave a mark. "Dumb bitch. I'm so glad that you are not going to be my problem for much longer." His mood swings were always so intense after his assault, I assumed maybe a part of him felt remorse for his drunken crimes. Or maybe that was just what I told myself.

 I sat there on the ground of the carriage at his feet, like a dog. We rode for another half hour until the carriage stopped. He got out and grabbed me by my hair pulling me to the ground and back up on my feet again. I made sure to keep my face emotionless. I would not even grimace in pain, despite the fact that fire radiated throughout my scalp from the assault.

"We're here." He said, like I was the stupidest creature alive. He released me and I covered my breasts with my forearms. He looked to his two guards, who had dismounted from the carriage.

 "Take her to Victeria. I want as much money as I can get, that is, if it's even possible to improve her appearance at all." He looked at me in pure disgust and turned away. 

He made his way down a long cobblestone path, to a short set of stairs before two iron gates opened, seemingly automatically. They were so large, creating a break in the stone wall. They seemed to be about three market stalls high. I swallowed hard, overwhelmed at the sight. I spotted two guards at the gates, and realized that without hesitation, they welcomed him. The guards grabbed either one of my arms once again, and dragged me in behind Simon. He was a good thirty feet ahead of us.

I allowed myself to look around, realizing that we had arrived at a massive castle. It was stunning, I had never seen anything like it in my life. It seems to be as tall as a mountain with several different heights of towers. The architecture was gorgeous, like something I liked to read in my books once. I didn't even know places like this existed anymore, I mean, we had all heard the rumors about where the night beasts dwelled. Never did I imagine I'd witness it, I wasn't even sure if I believed they were real before this.