CHARABIA

Hi friends,

I didn't expect to write this like everything else I write. I just felt inspired by the prompts of this year's Open Novella Contest. I felt the political environment was ruthless enough to carry the prompt.

I love writing love stories, and despite the central theme, there is some love in this. I also appreciate writing mainstream cliché stories, but it's interesting to challenge oneself and see how we can write out of our comfort zone.

The story is set in the same world as New Growth. So you can expect very narrow-minded opinions and controversial takes.

I always say this, but please keep in mind that the characters' views aren't
mine. The candidate is also a story about growth and self-love.

For safekeeping, I'm declaring a few themes here:

Politics

Adultery

Elections

Family

Friends

Marriage

Revenge

Debate

Divorce

Lgbtqia ++ rights

Religion

Political parties

Tabloids

Defamation

Scandal

The story is fiction; all characters are fictional. A few references concern Countries' political history and the current geopolitical situation worldwide.

For ONC judges: The first chaper is Signatures the second is Huis Clos. You can go straight to them if you wish to skip the characters' page.

17/02/2024:

Well, the story has been up for a few days. It's not attracting many readers. Rip to me.

I hope those who get here will give my novella a chance.

Thank you

Amari