PREMIÈRE

Severine's historical first round win resonated in all of France and abroad.

She was no longer an underdog but the person to shoot down.

To celebrate, the candidate allowed herself a little treat.

"Madame Lafarge, what brings you here today?" The C4 reporter asked.

"Cinema is the seventh art and craft I adore. I allowed myself a little break to enjoy this moment with the public."

"We see you didn't come alone."

"No." Severine grinned, letting her limited edition of Hermes rouge Bruni illuminate the screen of those watching at home.

The party was against her outing, but Severine led the party. She already showed signs of a dissident for some.

"I won, I need the break," Severine announced.

"What will people think?"

"They'll think I'm human, I hope."

"No, they'll think you're taking things lightly. The elections aren't over. The debate is after tomorrow. Paul, say something," Romain urged.

"Let her do," Paul said, remembering what the party's tenors told him during their secret meeting.

"You did your job well. You don't need to direct her anymore."

Paul understood he had played his part, and so did Severine. The party tenors had no intention of letting Severine govern. The plan was to win a majority at the National Assembly and have Severine play ambassadors abroad.

Severine's request to go out came off like a first caprice. None could suspect Severine anticipated. Doing things such as going to the cinema would be impossible if she became president.

Severine chose a fantasy film premier, Media Naranja.

The movie was a romance tale between an actor and a magazine columnist who spent respectively ten and two years in a coma. Both wake up and realize they met in their sleep when they meet in real life.

Severine and Alexis' arrangement forced the man to accompany Severine. He, too, found himself entertaining home viewers.

"Sorry, I can't answer questions about the elections."

"Mr Lafarge, do you like movies?"

"Not as much as my wife, but I think we all need time to relax," Alexis said before joining his wife to meet the cast.

No one expected to see Severine. The crowd was ecstatic, and the extra buzz overwhelmed the cast.

"Hello," Severine said, shaking the leading actor's hand.

"Enchanté madame," the actor replied. He gazed straight into Severine eyes as though he wished to devour her.

Abel Ramirez had what Severine called the player's anthem look. With brown hair and brown eyes, Abel wasn't the guy with the dark, brooding star but a warm and welcoming one who made one immediately feel at ease.

"I'm looking forward to seeing your performance," Severine said.

Abel's eyes gleamed. Severine was the perfect ice queen. She had a standoffish glint in her eye that made one feel small, but it wasn't intimidating. Her voice was direct, almost measured, not too sweet or deep. Abel wondered if she moderated it for the occasion. Her cocoa skin shone, but what captivated Abel was her smile, her teeth, to be exact. They were the whitest Abel had ever seen. Her lips didn't deceive him either. Their redness called for a kiss, Abel thought.