23// The first game

A/N: THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE, MAKE SURE TO CHECK IF YOU'VE READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!!! <3

It was a beautiful evening, the sun was making herself ready to lower herself as the night got closer and closer. The temperature was warm, accompanied with a soft breeze. Katarina was playing basketball on her own, no haste, just chill movements as she let her thoughts wander.

She was dressed in former grey sweatpants from Adriano when he was little. She forgot to buy one at the mall and borrowed one he coincidental had kept around. She paired it with her long white nikes socks and her black high converses. Together with a black T-shirt that was a little cropped so that it fitted smoothly with her rather big pants.

She threw the ball, so relaxed like it was just as if she was breathing, right into the net. She kept toying with the ball, every now and then making a quick diversion, letting the ball move through her legs, around her like it was an extension of her own body.

"Littlest smurf."

Katarina's body moved before she could think, turning 180 degrees almost in an instant. She couldn't help but softly smile at her elder brothers standing before her. Ezio was the one who had spoken, beside him stood a smiling Isacco.

He liked the nicknames littlest smurf and fellow smurf a lot.

"What you're doing out here all alone?" Gregorio asked as he narrowed his eyes, he smirked when he saw she was wearing Adriano's old grey sweatpants. She looked absolutely adorable in them, swallowed by her eldest brother's pants.

"I like to see it as my own match as replacement for tomorrow." She chuckled, but no one laughed with her.

"Sweetheart..." Santiago sighed as his eyes held pity in them.

"It's not a big deal, honestly. You guys know I love to play when they sky gets darker." She gave them a soft smile, trying to persuade them but also herself as well.

She wasn't lying though, it happened a few times now when they looked outside from the kitchen, they could see her practise or just play relaxed outside. Always when it had just started to get darker.

"It is. Alrigo's wrong to take this away from you. It's your first ever season opening game. Hell it's your first ever game and he's forcing you to bench." Isacco yelled frustrated.

"What Isacco is trying to say is it's a dickmove, yes. But you'll get your wins and goals and everything around it next game. I'm sure of it." Silas said with a small smile and Katarina returned it.

"Really, it doesn't bother me as much as before." Lie. "I'm okay." Lie. "I just wanted to clear my head before heading to bed." Lie.

"Well it doesn't really matter, does it?" Ezio said with a devilish smirk. Before Katarina could spoke out her confusion, they all pulled water guns out and Katarina's eyes get wide.

"You have exactly five minutes to set up camp and hide." Gregorio said with the biggest smirk. "Starting...NOW!" He yelled and everyone ran to different directions.

Katarina looked confused around her before Silas grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.

"The game is easy, every time we get together with the whole family, we play this giant water nerf game where we're divided in groups of two." He said while running around.

"Everyone gets their own bucket with water with food coloring in it. You have to hit the other person as much as possible without getting hit yourself. At the end, the color that stands out the most on our white T-shirt wins." He says while on their way grabbing another water gun and a white T-shirt.