r4y...

chapter : r4y...
[extra]

-

-

it would be an understatement to say that ray thought he was losing his mind.

not much time had passed since the shipment of norman and [name], in which ray, emma, gilda and don took a heavy hit from. dreams were crushed and friendships were left permanently ruined as two of their friends were believed to be dead.

but what bothered ray was the fact that everyone else was only complaining about missing norman - as if everyone had forgotten about [name]. he felt insane for feeling like he was remembering someone who never existed.

but he was sure of it, he firmly believed [name] existed. otherwise, who else is the girl in the photo he took in isabella's office?

-

it was currently late at night, and yet again, ray is burried in a fortress of blankets and books in the library. this was the norm for ray now, as he didn't have the energy nor determination to try and assemble another escape plan.

he was casually browsing through the piles of books he has stacked around him. until he suddenly stopped when he reached a particular book. it was if his heart has stopped as well as he came across the book him and [name] most often read together.

ray first read [book name] to her when he was six and she was five, as a way to calm her down after [name] realized the secret about the house. from then, it had almost became a tradition for those two, however, it stopped when ray reached ten and [name] was nine, when they read it for a final time.

-

[flashback]

ray was sat at the back of the library, in the dark, as he was coming to the end of a small breakdown. an hour or before that, another kid was shipped off, and ray couldn't help feel more guilty since he couldn't help the poor child from death.

what's worst is that was one of the kids ray had experimented the tracker device on, disabling it - meaning the kid could've escaped.

ray harshly wiped the final tear that fell down his cheek, before leaning his torso back onto the wall.
he was sat in the dark, so no one could've seen the state he was in, until someone came in with a bright lantern.

[name] knew that ray wouldn't have been doing well, taken from the events that happened that night, she knew he would be in the library. as she silently walked through it, she finally found him at the back, sat in complete darkness.