Chapter - 3

Nyx's POV

Upon reaching home, I proceeded to my room, while Azrael grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. Pulling out a suitcase from my closet, I began packing. A voice startled me, asking if I needed help. I shot a glare at Azrael and instructed him to pack my toiletries, pointing towards the restroom. He returned with a bag, and within half an hour, I finished packing.

"That was quick; you used to take around two hours to pack when we were in college," he remarked. "Practice too much for last-minute calls, so I've gotten used to it," I replied, offering a rationale. As I packed my makeup into a backpack, he smiled. "Let me change into something comfortable. Wait here," I told him before heading off to change.

Emerging from the closet, I found Azrael on the bed, reclined and engrossed in his phone. Upon noticing me, he set his phone aside and muttered something along the lines of "this girl is going to kill me." I raised an eyebrow, prompting him to repeat it, but he cleared his throat and rose from the bed, standing in front of me.

He gently placed his hands on my hips, drawing me closer to him, and softly murmured, "You are going to kill me." Confusion creased my forehead, and I pouted, seeking an explanation. Chuckling at my expression, he affectionately called me adorable, planting a kiss on my cheeks before guiding me toward the kitchen.

I narrowed my eyes at him, deciding to let it slide, as he seemed oblivious to the effect he had on me. My heart rate gradually returned to normal as I moved toward the fridge, retrieving ingredients to make chicken Alfredo-his favorite. His eyes brightened with appreciation, and he thanked me, to which I simply nodded. As I began cooking, I could feel his gaze fixed on me, a silent presence that added a layer of warmth in my heart.

While placing extra chicken on the pasta, the doorbell rang

While placing extra chicken on the pasta, the doorbell rang. Azrael hugged me, expressing another thank you, and kissed my head before heading to answer the door. The familiarity of our actions from college played out, but now, with my clarified feelings, it had a different impact on me.

As the noise of everyone entering the house filled the air, I couldn't help but wonder about Azrael's intentions. The realization of my feelings for him intensified the effect, making it clear that his actions were affecting me more than before. The atmosphere was lively as everyone gathered at the table.

Growing impatient, I playfully threatened, "If you people don't help me, I'll eat the food by myself, and you know it." In response, I heard approaching footsteps, a smirk playing on my lips as they know I will do it.

As everyone started setting up the table, we sat down to enjoy the pasta. "You are the best cook!" Ethan exclaimed, a sentiment echoed by everyone around the table. Playfully, I warned, "You better enjoy it because I'm never cooking for you idiots again." This triggered a playful argument among them, but we quickly finished lunch, realizing it was already 5 o'clock.

"We can go to the palace now. Who's getting your cars?" Azrael inquired, and Gabriel, Ethan, and I raised our hands. "Okay, I'll lead with Nyx, and you people follow behind. The guards will be at the back" Azrael finished. "Come on, let's go!" Ethan called out, prompting a quick departure. "And they call me dramatic," I thought, chuckling to myself.

I clutched my Audi RS7 keys, and Azrael snatched them from my hands, earning a glare from me

I clutched my Audi RS7 keys, and Azrael snatched them from my hands, earning a glare from me. "I will kill you if you grab my keys again," I warned him. "Nyx, I'm your best friend. You won't do anything to me," he confidently replied, guiding me towards the car. He opened the door, secured the seatbelt, and said, "You look beautiful." I raised an eyebrow at him, bewildered by his unusual behavior, but he just smiled gently and closed the door.

As he adjusted his seat and placed his hands on my thighs, he reassured, "Relax, Nyx." Surprisingly, I visibly relaxed, and he started playing One Direction music. We both hummed along to the song.

"Hey, what were you and the guys talking about when I went to talk to the guards?" he asked out of the blue. "Why do you want to know?" I asked, attempting to conjure a plausible lie. "I heard my name, and you were angry at Ethan. Just wanted to know," he explained.

"Nah, nothing important. Just relax," I replied, trying to divert the conversation. "Really? Nothing?" he questioned, looking at me and tightening his grip on my thighs, as if giving a warning to tell the truth. "They asked about our behavior together," I reluctantly admitted. "And what did you tell them?" he inquired, raising an eyebrow at me. "That we are just friends," I responded, and he hummed, his expression shifting into a frown at my answer.

"Why are you frowning, Azrael?" I asked, turning to him as he remained focused on the road. "Do you want to tell me something?" I inquired further, squeezing his hands gently, providing him the space to share when he felt ready, considering we still had another half-hour of the ride.

"Okay, fine. Tell me when you feel like telling me, alright? I'm always here for you, Az," I reassured him, smiling gently. He responded by intertwining our hands and bringing them to his lips, gently kissing them. A blush crept up to my face, and I hid my reaction by turning to admire the beautiful scenery outside. Knowing that he had a smirk on his face.

We arrived at the palace, and there was no car behind us, as the others were going through the security check and receiving explanations about the rules to follow. "Nyx," Azrael called out in the car, and I looked at him curiously. He said, "Don't look at me like that," and I replied, "Like what?" He responded, "You know it, Nyx." Maintaining my expression, he pulled me closer to him.

Our lips were on the verge of touching, and he whispered, "You are making me crazy, Nyx," and then he kissed me. I was initially shocked by his unexpected move, he was about to pull back as I was not kissing him, but I started kissing him and he was about to deepen the kiss. But the moment was interrupted by the sound of the car behind us, prompting him to let out a groan. I chuckled at the situation.

"We will talk about it, Nyx. Don't worry, okay?" he reassured me, and then he got out of the car, opening the door for me and offering his hand. As a group, we proceeded inside the palace, leaving the kiss lingering in the air with the promise of a conversation to come.