Chapter - 6

Nyx's POV

As I stirred, Azrael lifted me gently, his eyes meeting mine. "Sleep, Nyx. There are people outside my room. I wanted to shift you. I'll wake you up at seven," he whispered. Carefully, he placed me on my bed, tucking the quilt around me. His gentle touch on my head eased me back into a peaceful slumber.

"Nyx, you have to wake up," a voice called out, disrupting my slumber. "No, go away," I whined sleepily. Undeterred, he continued, "Come on, baby," peppering my face with slow kisses. "You're an absolute idiot," I told him, attempting to resist the smile tugging at my lips.

"I'm your idiot," he whispered in my ears, pulling me out of bed and nudging me into the washroom to freshen up. I emerged, wrapped in a towel, and began sifting through my dresses. Opting for a black mini dress with a deep neckline and an alluring backless design, I slipped it on. Heading to my dresser, I started drying my hair, ready to face the day ahead.

"Damn, you're going to kill me dressing like this," Azrael exclaimed, clad in a stunning full black suit that emphasized his handsome features

"Damn, you're going to kill me dressing like this," Azrael exclaimed, clad in a stunning full black suit that emphasized his handsome features. "You want me to change?" I asked, and he shook his head, replying, "Nah, I can handle it. Wear whatever you want."

He took the hair dryer from my hands, making me blush, and skillfully layered my hair for a quick dry

He took the hair dryer from my hands, making me blush, and skillfully layered my hair for a quick dry. "Where did you learn to do that?" I inquired. He rolled his eyes and replied, "I used to do your hair in college. You forgot." "No, I can never forget," I told him, locking eyes with him in the mirror.

Once my hair was dry enough, I used a comb to let it fall freely. After applying a subtle touch of makeup and clear lip gloss, I turned to find Azrael standing there, admiring me. "You done?" I asked, to which he shook his head no, pulling me towards him. "I can never get enough of admiring you," he confessed, planting gentle kisses on my cheeks. Observing his crooked tie, I corrected it for him and whispered, "I love you," in his ears, and he smiled at me and said it back.

As I applied mascara, Azrael's phone rang with Ethan's name flashing on the screen. "Yes, Ethan," Azrael answered, where are you Ethan asked and a hesitant voice replied, "In Nyx's room." Azrael said. Ethan cut the call. There was a knock on the door and Azrael kissed my head, and wispered, "I'll get it."