chapter 18

Minho woke up and went to Chan's room to check up on him. He shakily entered the room when he heard no response to his knocking.

He heard some soft cries coming from Chan's nest and his heart broke. The scent wasn't as overwhelming as yesterday. In fact it was just his normal scent and that brought him some relief.

He went up to Chan and sat next to him." Channie what's wrong?" Minho asked gently and Chan went on a full sobbing mode. Minho panicked not knowing what to do.

"Baby tell me what's wrong? Your heat has ended right? Then what's the problem?" Minho said quietly and Chan pushed him.

"I hate you Minho. How could you do this? Don't ever talk to me!" Chan sobbed." I didn't mean to take advantage of you Channie. I'm so sorry for lacking control over myself." Minho hung his head in shame.

"You knew that it was my first h-heat but you weren't there w-with me. You left me all alone." Chan's voice cracked as he sobbed.

Minho never felt being guilty yet relieved at the same time until today. He slowly approached Chan and Chan looked at his hands as he sat crisscross on his nest.

Minho slowly reached for Chan's hand and kissed it. He realized that Chan hadn't touched his food at all since yesterday.

"How about you take a bath and then eat. We'll talk after eating, how's that?" Minho gently smiled at Chan who shook his head." Please Channie." Minho pleaded and Chan nodded slowly.

Minho kissed Chan's forehead and left him to bath while he went downstairs and prepared breakfast for the both of them. Chan came out a bit later wearing Minho's sweatpants that were a bit big on him and a baggy t shirt that showed his collar bone.

Minho looked at him and realized that he never really appreciated his mate's beauty. His mate was pretty with his blonde hair and deep brown eyes that could drown your soul.

Those eyes that turned into crescents when he smiled. His body, his giggle and his everything. His mate was perfection at its best level.

Minho didn't know why Chan looked extra pretty today but he felt himself growling as he felt a kind of possessiveness he never felt before.

"Minho it's just you and me." Chan looked at Minho's eyes. He wondered what made Minho so possessive. Maybe it was because of the realization that he was not an alpha anymore if he ever was that is.

Minho pulled him into a hug and put his nose on Chan's neck as he focused on his scent. Chan gladly returned the hug and he tiptoed to kiss Minho's cheek.

"Come and eat. We'll talk after that." Chan just nodded his approval. The two of them sat down and ate their breakfast in silence, each not knowing what to say to one another.

Chan didn't know what he was supposed to say about suddenly changing from an alpha to an omega. And Minho didn't even know how he was going to comfort his mate.

Minho collected the plates and put them in the sink. He took Chan's hand and led them to the living room and gestured for him to seat down and they both did.

Chan's tears fell even before they could start talking and Minho pulled him into his lap and hugged him. He cried buckets while Minho just held him in his arms and comforted him.