chapter 45

" Channie wake up." Minho shook Chan gently. Chan groaned and turned to look at Minho with glossy eyes that were full of tears.

Minho guessed that it might have been due to fatigue. They'd went shopping for more baby stuff the previous day after their doctor's appointment again.

"What's wrong love?" He asked gently. Chan shook his head and sat up while fixing his bed hair. He went to the bathroom to brush his teeth without even saying good morning to Minho.

"Did I do something?" Shouldn't I have woken him up? Is he hurting? Should I take him to the doctor? Aish Minho you're asking the wrong questions." He said as he went downstairs.

"What should I do to make him feel better?" Minho snapped his fingers repeatedly as he tried to come up with an idea." Ah! I can't find any. Maybe I should just cook him breakfast and take him out for lunch" he said.

He started working on making Chan some sweetcorn fritters. Minho googled the recipe and started cooking. The food was surprisingly good and tasty.

Chan soon came downstairs and mumbled a small thank you as he ate his food. Minho just smiled at him and shook his head.

'His mood isn't getting any better. What have I done? I'm sure it's me because had it been him he would've told me what he did.' Minho thought.

After Chan finished eating he took the plate from him and sat down next to Chan." I know I did something. Please tell me so I can rectify my mistakes." Minho said softly as he held Chan's hand.

"It's nothing important." Chan responded and his tears fell. Minho wiped his tears and kneeled before him." If it can make you cry then it is. Honey I can't allow you to stress yourself when you're in a vulnerable state." Minho said softly.

"She... Minho. She was being mean to me." Chan cried some more and Minho got worried and angry.  Ever since Chan got pregnant he'd been a good boy and kept his emotions in check but now someone was triggering him and it wasn't gonna end well.

"Who my love?" He asked his jaw clenching in anger." J-Jia." Chan whispered." What did she say honey?" He wiped Chan's tears.

"Yesterday at the mall. When you weren't there, she came up to me. She said t-that you'll no longer want me after the babies are born and she'll take you away from me." Chan explained with tears that kept streaming down his face.

Minho kept on wiping his tears as he listened to Chan." Well jokes on her because she can never be my Channie and she can never be as beautiful as you." Minho pecked Chan's lips." Is she correct Minho?" Chan asked meekly.

"Not at all. I'm the one responsible for making your body like this. How can I then leave you? Besides I love you way too much to leave you." Minho kissed Chan's belly which was now big at seven months. Chan nodded with a little smile.

"Now give me a smile." Chan bared his teeth and Minho laughed. Chan smiled lovingly at his super sweet mate." I love you Chan and mark my words the day I propose to you I'll make sure that everyone knows that you're mine." Minho said in a serious tone.

"Do you know that everyone is a big word?" Chan scoffed." Is that a challenge?" Minho sat back down and put Chan's head on his shoulders." It might be, alpha. You're allowed to go all out and show me what you got." Chan pursed his lips.

Minho nodded." Sure." He said. The two stayed there watching the television not saying anything as they enjoyed the comfortable silence that reigned between them.

"Don't you think we should've found out the gender? Now I'm getting curious." Chan looked at Minho." You're only starting to get curious now?! I was already curious when you were an hour pregnant." Minho said.

Chan rolled his eyes at Minho's overreaction. How did he know when Chan was an hour pregnant?" Then why didn't you ask me that day. I would've agreed. I thought we were on the same page." Chan exclaimed.

"You've given me such a wonderful gift. The bare minimum I can do is to listen to all your commands and make you happy." Chan blushed. He hadn't expected that at all but he couldn't deny that Minho made him happy.

"I love you." Chan smiled shyly and Minho chuckled at him." I love you too baby." Minho said." Then what's so funny about loving someone?" Chan asked with irritation.

Minho opened his mouth to defend himself and closed it quickly. He shook his head and Chan nodded. Minho couldn't understand what was wrong with what he'd just done but he didn't want to offend his mate.

Chan went to the kitchen to make himself some snacks. He mentally scolded himself for his mood swings because Minho was sad.

He was standing by the kitchen counter when he felt Minho's body against his back." I'm sorry my love." Minho apologized and wrapped his arms around Chan's waist.

He then lifted his belly a bit relieving him of the weight." I'm sorry too Min. I shouldn't have talked to you like that." Chan placed his head on Minho's shoulder.

"It's okay honey." Minho kissed Chan's forehead." Thanks for that by the way. Your babies are killing my waist and back." He smiled lazily as he closed his eyes.

"Aww. I'm sorry love. Just two months and then they'll be here. And then you'll be free." Minho said and chuckled." Free from what? Who said I only want two babies?" Chan asked.

"You know we never really talked about how many pups we want. How many do you think is fine?" Minho asked. Chan took a bite of his scone before answering.

"How many do you think you could take care of?" Chan asked." Financial wise, any number you can think of but in terms of time and fatherly duties I think the maximum is five." Minho answered.

"I'll be honest, if we have pups that much I don't want you to work. It could strain you." Minho said and Chan whined." But why? You'd be helping me right?"

"I will but it's in a child's instinct to need their mother more. So I can't have you handling two types of stress at the same time." Minho led Chan to the sofa and they both sat down. Chan took the remote and reduced the volume so they could hear each other better.

"But still Minho..."

"No Chan. I'm sorry my love but this one I'm not budging. It's final and I'll need you to think about it before coming to a conclusion." Chan nodded.

"And if we're having more than two we might have to move. Don't you think so?" Minho  asked. Chan shrugged and placed his legs on Minho's lap and and Minho gently massaged him.

"Is it necessary though? I mean our memories reside in this house Minho." Chan took a sip of his juice and adjusted his dress." I know love but it all depends on you. If you don't want us to move then we'll not but I'm just giving a suggestion based on what I'm seeing." Minho said.

"I don't know Min. We'll think about it when the time comes." Chan said and Minho nodded. The two spent the whole day lazing around and watching TV.

To be continued