Chapter Twenty; The Attack

Mild language

Caron's POV

It wasn't until lunch the next day when I realized something was wrong.As soon as I walked into the cafeteria, all eyes were on me. For a few seconds before they all started glancing at Alex and Louis. I could feel the hair on my neck lightly rise. No one said a word as I began to towards the lunch line.As soon as my back was facing Alex, the attack started.

"Fag" was the first word that was shouted at me by Alex himself. Soon the whole room was chiming in.

Faggot

Cocksucker

Queer

Pillow Biter

Batty boy

And the list of words went on. Everything I ever fear was happening before my eyes.I did what I had to do in this situation.I squared my shoulders and turned to face Alex.

"I fucking dare you to say that again."The crowd seemed a bit confused as to why I wasn't crying or even bothering to deny it verbally.Instead, I challenge the idiot who started this rumor.He had no proof and I knew that from the look in his eyes. But he wasn't smart enough to back down.

"You're a fag."I didn't bother replying.Instead, I let my fist do the talking. Just as it made contact with Alex's nose the door slammed, I didn't have to look away from Alex to know that Louis was the one who left.He was ashamed of me because I was ashamed of myself.

I wish he knew that I couldn't help what I felt.