Chapter Three: First Day Of School

My eyes widened as the dream vanished from my view. Once again, I was alone and had a little bit of a problem. I ran to the showering, hoping to avoid my parents and save myself from the embarrassment. I've only managed to run into them a few times, but luckily today wasn't one of those days. I got into the bathroom with the door shut and locked no problem. It was time for a cold shower seeing as I didn't have time to shower and take care of the problem. I sighed, entering the shower with the dream still on my mind. Strangely enough, it was hazy now. Usually, I could remember what happens with ease, but the ending of this one was blurred. I could see him moving his lips, yet I couldn't hear a sound. Plus, it was too blurry for me to just read his lips. I continued on with my shower, not really planning on looking into what was going on. It might have been a sign that I was starting to get over this obsessive dream thing and be able to connect with the real world again. I hoped it was, but at the same time, I dreaded it. Who would comfort and accept me as a person now? No one in this town that's who. I turned the water off and put on casual clothes I picked out. Yeah, even though I'm gay, I don't go out and match my outfits. I dress like a guy because I am a guy. Notably a gay guy but a guy none the less I couldn't go around matching my clothes like a girl. Not only would that possibly throw me out of the comfort of my closet, but it would also just take too much of my time. Either way, I'm a jean and a hoodie guy, so it's hard to not match, I suppose you could if you have colored jeans. Mine are just black and the standard denim blue color. I glanced at the clock to check the time, 7:05 it read and I realized I must have been lost in my thoughts for too long. Now I would have to go without breakfast. Being a growing boy (not that I've gotten any taller in a few years but) going without food was like Chinese torture. But at the same time being late on the first day of school when you have new teachers is not really an option. I might be the school bad boy, but I have straight A's (probably the only thing straight about me besides my teeth) and that wasn't going to change anytime soon. I had to get into the right college with a friendly LGBT community, or I wouldn't ever come out of the closet. But first I had to make it to school on time. Okay, so I'm pretty sure I broke four or more laws well driving to school, but I was on time. So basically, it was worth it. The bell for homeroom hadn't sounded yet, but I had no friends to greet or anything, so I figured I'd just head there. What else could I do? Surprisingly the hallways were just as crowded as the courtyard. But over the year, I'm sure that it would thin out (I mean half the seniors graduated a semester early and others drop out). I pushed through the groups of people, not really caring if I was breaking up their conversation. I mean seriously if you want to talk, get out of the middle of the hallway. It's not that hard. I was going through the hall perfectly fine, a little lost in thought and not really paying attention. I guess I should have expected I'd run into someone, but I didn't, and it wasn't an unpleasant feeling. Yeah, I ran straight into some male that was wandering down the hallway. Though I felt quite pleased having been up and personal with a man outside of my dreams, I remembered that this was school. I had an act to keep up. I pushed him away from me. Not too harshly that I would get in trouble but not too kindly either. The idiots in the hallway seemed to notice what was going on and started 'oo'ing. I took the time to look at the victim in all this (through glaring eyes, of course). He was beautiful (in a totally manly kind of way). But I couldn't let myself drool over him. Not here later, when I was alone, maybe. I met his eyes, daring him to say something to me. If he didn't apologize, I knew I would have to explode and risk getting in trouble. But thankfully, he did (and good thing he did I would have felt awful hitting such a perfect face). "Shit, man. I'm sorry I totally wasn't watching where I was going. I'm new here.." I didn't give him the option to say anything else. I heard what I needed to. "Watch where the fuck you're going next time." I hissed at him. I really should be some sort of actor. I wasn't mad at all. At his next words, my body filled with dread. Suddenly his voice sounded so familiar. So comforting. So much like my dream boy. Of course, his words weren't friendly but still. "Maybe you should be the one watching out. I could ruin you if I wanted." And for the first time in my life, I was terrified of someone at school for a logical reason.