Chapter Ten; Waves

Louis's POV

I was beginning to dread today's Creative Writing class not that I really had expected today to go well I just hadn't expected it to be like this. Typically when people hated you for your sexuality, they said something about it or threw something at you but not here. Here you just got completely ignored and avoided. It was as if you weren't really there and precisely what I had been talking about in my poem. I really didn't want any of these jerks to find out that being alone is my weakness, but it was going to happen either way.

It didn't stop me, however, from just barely making it to Creative Writing on time. I had just taken my seat when the bell rang. Mr. Heinze took roll call and then immediately started calling out partners.

"Alex and Shane, Jordan and Missy, Caron and Louis, Lily and Heather, May and April."

My heart started pounding when I heard my name called this was it someone was going to know my weakness. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath when I opened them again, the blue eyes I had been dreaming off were in front of me. Silently we traded papers. To avoid seeing his reaction, I glued my eyes onto his poem, reading it a few times.

Waves

It comes and goes in waves

It can't be stopped

I'm too weak to fight it off

Too strong to admit it's a problem

I'm drowning in it with no way out

I try and fight but to no avail

It's all in vain I can't go on

I can't do this I can't be who I am

The waves don't stop

I'm stranded here

By; Caron Ace

I glanced up only to see Caron avoid my gaze and scribbling away on a piece of paper. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. Most people probably wouldn't have picked up on it, but I was reasonably sure this poem was about being stuck in the closet and not being able to be yourself.

This poem meant that I had a chance.

I just didn't know if I would take it.