Chapter Six; Revelations

"I'm Caron," I grumbled.

Secretly in my mind, I was beating him till there was nothing left of him. In reality, I would try option A trying to see what he knew and what he would do and if that didn't work option B, beating him up was still a possibility. Louis's face was absolutely beaming at my response. Honestly, it reminded me of a little kid at Christmas. But I pushed that thought from my head when I remembered what I was dealing with.

Without warning me, Louis grabbed my hand and dragged me down several hallways towards the parking lot. Before we walked out the doors, I tugged my hand free of his. Louis looked back at me with sad eyes, but I knew there would be people out in the quad, and I didn't need anyone questioning my sexuality. Louis nodded at me and walked out the doors, first heading to the parking lot.

I waited for a few moments before following him. I tried to avoid thinking about the way his hand felt in mine. "I'll make you mine" His words echoed in my head as my hand tingled and my heart hammered on. I took in a deep breath to clear my mind and body of all these things before walking through the door. I didn't need anyone and I would let him know that.

Other students stared at me in wonder as I passed through the quad towards the parking lot. My glare kept them from approaching me or worse following me. It was rare that I left the school building at lunchtime. No one really seemed to be questioning it out loud, but I could feel their questioning stares. Strange looks were passed back and forth between them as if they knew something or at least thought they knew something.

The more distance I put between myself and them, the less I thought about what was happening back there. I saw Louis's head in between cars and headed towards him. I didn't glance back; I just kept walking. When I reached the car, he was leaning against he motioned for me to get in. I complied without question.

The drive was silent. I stared out the passenger side window as we pulled up to a house that was a light shade of blue. Lace curtain hung in the windows and by the front door a flag was blowing in the wind. My face drained as I stared at the flag. Rainbow colors were moving back and forth. A pride flag hanging outside where anyone could see it; I stared at it with awe and fear until my door suddenly opened and Louis was standing in front of me.

Coming to my senses, I got out of the car but kept my head down. No one could see me here. Louis led the way inside and towards the kitchen.

"Sit down I'll make us some lunch and then we can talk."

I didn't utter a word as I took a seat in one of the dining room chairs. My head was spinning, thoughts racing back and forth. I tried to calm myself down with logic. No one knew I was here. I was safe, but my panic kept rising. All I could do was try and stop it from consuming me.

A plate of pasta was set in front of me and broke my train of thought. I was just here to talk to Louis. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't have to do anything except listen and have an open mind.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked quietly. Something about this was unsettling.

"You mostly." He replied gently.

I tried to hide my shock. No one ever wanted to talk to me, let alone about me. I gave Louis a curious glance before answering.

"What about me?"

"The basics. Who you are, what you stand for, opinions, and such."

"Why?"

It was meant to be a curious question, but instead, it ended up as a defensive statement. I held my breath as I waited for Louis to answer.

"Because I like you, and I'm attracted to you."