Chapter Six: Slight Oversight

Just as Charlotte was about to strike, someone called her name and Charlotte turned around to see who it was.

"Lady Bernard. How pleasurable to finally meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Aleksandr."

"It seems that you have already met our most prized possession."

"It seems I have. Might you introduce us?"

"It would be my pleasure. Lady Bernard, Mr. Parker, Mr. Parker, Lady Bernard."

"So you are the noblesse everyone's been talking about."

"It seems."

"My pleasure to finally meet you."

Colton bows and grabs Charlotte's hand and kisses it. Charlotte couldn't help but gag but she knew that now, Colton was interested in her even before he had met her which made things all the more easy for her. Akardi tells Colton that Charlotte had brought someone for the auction and Colton smiled at her. This was the moment that Charlotte needed to take advantage of. If she could somehow convince Colton to buy Niall, she'll be able to have someone inside the Colton residence and even if he wasn't going to be kept close to Colton or any of the family members, he might be able to get access to people close to the main family and that would be good enough for Niall to get information from the inside.

"Colin, that boy's name. He's a beautiful young specimen that I'm very regretful to let go of but my mother used to say, Relationships can only be made through sacrifices."

Akardi laughs.

"Indeed. Shall we proceed with the auction?"

"Why not?"

Akardi notions for Charlotte to move forward and starts walking behind her. He winks to Colton and Charlotte notices it through the mirror placed in front of her, something the other party failed to notice. At this point, Charlotte was sure that Colton would try to buy Niall and now she just had to sit back and watch her victory unfold.

The auction begins and the first person brought out is a sixteen year-old, Chinese girl. Sick fuckers. Selling minors even. Charlotte couldn't hold herself but think about all the horrible ways she'll torture Colton and potentially Akardi but even if one day she decides to go after Akardi, that day will come long into the future. After the girl, a young Indian boy is brought out. His age wasn't told but he looked around to be in his early twenties. Indians can look older than their actual age so he might have been even younger. The last person to be brought out was Niall. The bid started at ten million. Charlotte seemed a little unsettled after seeing that one of her friends had a price set for him. This really shows the worth of the poor and unfortunate of the society. The girl who was sold for 45 million and the boy who was sold for 25. It really made Charlotte think that how much would Akardi sell for. Not even a penny. People like that are only slaughtered in alters and not sold in auctions for being unfortunate.

A few people raised their hands and the bid kept rising until it reached a twenty million bit by bit. The most disgusting part of the auction were the amount of people there ready to buy a human for millions of dollars. After the million was said, the only person who raised his hands were Colton.

"Fifty million."

The whole room went silent. Akardi gave a silent smirk and even the auctioneer went silent at the amount that was just told. Charlotte looked at Colton who looked proud to have been blessed with fifty million to buy a living human. Sick bastard. Charlotte wanted to rage but she maintained her calm and collected image and looked around the room to see if anyone would speak up but she could only hear crickets. Charlotte looked towards Niall again who was blindfolded at that time. She felt so bad for all the people who actually had to go through something like this and not only here but all around the world. Just as the auctioneer called out for the third time, someone from the end of the room spoke up.