1. RISHTA

T A N V I

"Maa...Why are you hell bent on ruining my life? Let me stay happy" She said from the other side of the screen.

"Beta, just meet the boy once" She tried to convince like always.

"You say this everytime" She glared at her Mom.

"Beta he....." She was speaking but her daughter interrupted in between.

"Beta he earns well, he looks good, he belongs to a good family, Aur kuch naya hai aapke paas?" Tanvi knew what her Mom had planned to say, it was the same as always.

"He stays in Canada, see you won't even have to shift to India" Her eyes held a lot of confidence unlike the other times.

"You found a guy from Canada....you are too desperate to get me married"

"Aren't all parents? I love you, we all love you but at the same time we want you to settle down and grow another family. I know you love your work and you don't want anything else now but just think once, won't you like having a partner? Your own person? Just like I have your Dad and like your Bhai has his wife....." The words were deep and true.

She won't give up, Tanvi thought.

"This is the last guy I am meeting, yeh nahi pasand aaya toh sologamy kar lun gi" She warned.

"Sologamy?"

"I'll get married to myself" Saying this she ended the call without listening to the next golden words her Mom would have uttered.

"Ho gaya? Aau Mai?" Kamya asked from outside.

"Yeah"

"Broooo......I went to this car showroom last week as you know I am planning to buy one. I saw a guy there, kya maal banda thha yaar" She said dreamily slumping on Tanvi's bed.

"Tujhe din ke 25 pasand aate hai, isme kya naya hai?" Tanvi taunted.

Kamya got up and dramatically held Tanvi's shoulders.

"He wasn't a normal dude" She was blushing like hell.

"Does he have 8 legs? Normal nahi hai matlab?" Tanvi rolled her eyes at her dramatic friend.

"His eyes were heaven, his voice gave me chills, and damn that handsome face. I haven't looked at any other guy since a week. Imagineeeee"

"I bet he has done some Jadoo-Tona on you, warna teri aankhe 90% time ladko pe hi hoti hai" Tanvi chuckled and Kamya kicked her playfully.

Kamya is a single girl who loves checking out boys, she is smart, intelligent but single and is very desperate to mingle.

"What was aunty saying?"

"She wants me to see a guy" Tanvi informed with a sour face.

"Mil le na, kya pata pasand aa jaaye?" Kamya said while munching on some chips.

"Aur kya pata yeh bhi thappad khaa ke jaaye?"

D I V Y A M

"Maa I hate your choice, kaisi ladkiyan suggest karti ho aap? The girl I met yesterday...She doesn't know how to drive! She wanted me to drive her everywhere after marriage, I said I have drivers but she thought that would be SO UNROMANTIC" Divyam huffed with frustration.

"I am so sorry for that, but I have a perfect girl for you. She is rich and smart and sooo beautifulllll....Chaand ka tukda!" She praised with a huge smile.

"Punjabi or not?" He questioned.

"Ummm....Gujarati hai" She muttered slowly.

"You know I want a Punjabi girl" He stated.

"You've seen 27 girls, all Punjabi. Did you even like one of them?"

He shook his head in a No.

"So please give her a chance, I bet you'll like her. Her family stays in India but she is here due to her work" Mom explained.

"Education?" He asked.

"IIM Bangalore" She said with a smile as she knew her son would be impressed.

"Where does she work?"

"Opera Couture Co." He didn't give any expressions but his eyes told how much interested he was.

"Post?"

"CEO" His mom said.

Divyam looked at his Mom intently and gave a nod.

"I'll meet her" And he went to his room.

His patience level was low as he quickly searched, 'CEO of Opera Couture'.

The screen showed a few pictures with her name.

TANVI MEHTA.

***