𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

Parings: Walker x Leah

W/c: 5,480

Summary: Leah gets sick and Walker is asked to look after her while her family is out.

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵''✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

MR. JEFFRIES DECLARED, HIS VOICE TINGED WITH DOUBT, "We can't just leave her here by herself. That wouldn't be fair." 

Mrs. Jeffries affirmed, her eyes drifting aimlessly as she pondered upon the notion.

Regrettably, on this beautiful morning, 14-year-old Leah, woke up feeling absolutely dreadful. Her coughs were filled with mucus and congestion. She constantly sniffled and sneezed, while her stomach churned and her limbs throbbed with pain. The most heartbreaking part was that today was the day the Jeffries extended family had eagerly awaited for a long time - a much-needed family reunion. They couldn't possibly cancel it, as it had happened before. Mr. and Mrs. Jeffries sat in the opulent dining room, just a few feet away from Leah, anxiously stealing glances at her as they deliberated on their plans for the situation.

"She couldn't go to any other family either," Mr. Jeffries remarked with a hint of despair in his voice.

Mrs. Jeffries, her face filled with concern, nodded in silent agreement. She pondered for a moment, carefully choosing her words before finally breaking the silence, "Could the Scobell's possibly take care of her?"

Mr. Jeffries, his brow furrowed in deep contemplation, tilted his head slightly and responded with a mix of caution and disbelief, "Leah, do you really want to take the chance of getting everyone in there household sick?"

Mrs. Jeffries, her eyes widening with realization, let out a soft sigh, acknowledging her oversight once again.

With a glimmer in his eye, Mr. Jeffries proposed, "But, maybe a Scobell could come over and take care of Leah?"

Mrs. Jeffries mirrored his enthusiasm, retrieving her phone from her pocket. Leaning against the table, she deftly unlocked it and swiftly navigated to her contacts. With a determined tap, she selected the designated contact and pressed the device against her ear.

A gentle smile adorned her countenance as the comforting sound of connection resonated through her being.

"Hey, Heather! How are you?," Mrs. Jeffries exclaimed, her voice brimming with fervor

ﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩ٨"Hey Leah! Im doing well. What's up?" Mrs. Scobell's voice croaked over the telephone.ﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩ٨

"Unfortunately, our original plan of attending a family reunion this morning has been derailed. As luck would have it, I woke up to find my little one feeling under the weather. Leah is not feeling to well at the moment," A mournful lament escaped Mrs. Jeffries' lips, her voice resonating with profound sorrow.

ﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩ٨"Oh no, that's terrible! Is there anything we can do to assist you?" With a glimmer of hope in her voice, Mrs. Scobell inquired.ﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩ٨

"Maybe. So, here's the thing, my husband, Floyd, and I are planning to head out to the reunion. We're actually in need of someone to take care of Leah while we're away. That's why I called to check if Walker is available," With a sparkle in her gaze, Mrs. Jeffries inquired.

ﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩ٨ A gentle smile graced Mrs. Scobell's lips, radiating warmth and tenderness, "Sure thing! I'll have him there in approximately 15 minutes."ﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩﮩ٨ﮩ٨