𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐒

Parings: Walker x Leah

W/c: 9,363

Summary: Walker and Leah have to look after little kids for the whole day.

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵''✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

WALKER LET OUT A SIGH, his head falling back to rest against the pool deck. The Jeffries household was buzzing with activity on a bright and balmy morning in Southern California. After enjoying a delectable breakfast as a family, 14-year-old Leah eagerly invited her close friend and fellow actor, Walker Scobell, over to hang out. With the sun shining and the temperature perfect, the two wasted no time in deciding on their plans for the day. They quickly changed into their swimsuits and took a dip in the pool before lounging in the hot tub, sipping on refreshing cold drinks as they basked in the warmth of the pavement.

Regrettably, all was abruptly disrupted when Leah's mom, Mrs. Jeffries, approached the pair with a smile adorning her face.

"Darlings, I have a job for you," she declared, her voice brimming with excitement as she gracefully settled onto the pool deck, her feet submerged in the steaming waters.

"Ugh, jobs are always a pain," Walker remarked with a tinge of despair.

Mrs. Jeffries chuckled, "No worries, Walk! This could turn out to be a blast."

"What is it?" Leah inquired, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"Well..." Mrs. Jeffries trailed off, her words hanging in the air, "Leah, boo, do you remember my friend Jayda?"

Leah's eyes drifted away from her mother's, lost in thought, before she responded, "Yeah, sort of."

"Oh, it's alright. The reason I mentioned her is because she's in need of a babysitter for her kids. She called me earlier, asking if I knew anyone available. Then it hit me that I have both my little loves with me this morning," a radiant smile adorned Mrs. Jeffries' face, her eyes gleaming with delight.

Leah and Walker exchanged a knowing look, their curiosity piqued. And then, with a voice filled with anticipation, Walker broke the silence.

"You want us to babysit her kids?" Mrs. Jeffries, undeterred by his incredulity, responded, "I would like y'all too. It's just a day of watching her twins."

Leah, lost in thought, contemplated for a moment before finally nodding her agreement. "Alright," she said.

A warm smile graced Mrs. Jeffries' face and she turned towards Walker, gently patting his arm that rested outside the hot tub. "And what do you think, buddy?" she asked.

Walker pondered silently before finally speaking up, his voice laced with curiosity, "Will we get paid?"

Mrs. Jeffries tilted her head slightly, considering his question. "How about Jayda and I pay you with our appreciation?" she proposed.

Walker mulled it over, then shrugged, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. "Good enough, Mrs. Leah," he said, his voice filled with anticipation.

"Alright, my love," Mrs. Jeffries exclaimed before rising to her feet. Walker swiftly pivoted and pressed his palms against the ground, launching himself upwards and out of the water, droplets cascading off his body. Extending his hand, he helped Leah ascend the step carved into the concrete, their hands meeting as he pulled her up with care, water streaming down her form.

In that moment, the pair retrieved their towels and trailed behind Mrs. Jeffries back indoors. Babysitting, Leah and Walker contemplated. That sounds simple...doesn't it?