𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃

Parings: Walker x Leah, (Charlie x Dior)

W/c: 3,036

Summary: Leah deals with depression. Walker finds out.

TW: Depression, Anxiety, Racism.

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵''✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

Can't believe they messed up Annabeth's character like that 😭

Why the hell change Annie's race when it's so clear in the books? 💀

The casting for Annabeth is a total fail, they should've stayed true to the source material! 😫😭

LEAH'S GAZE RACED ACROSS THE COMMENTS, while her finger commanded the screen. Alone in her room, the blue LED lights cast an eerie glow as she perched on her bed, shrouded in a black hoodie that concealed her form, with the tips of her braids peeking out from the hood.

Leah gripped an open book, her phone strategically placed behind it, completely hidden from view. Every action had a purpose, every detail had a reason.

Since the announcement of season 2 of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Leah has faced a relentless wave of hate for portraying Annabeth as a black woman. Despite hopes that fans would move past the issue of race, toxic individuals are now even angrier at the prospect of enduring another season with Leah in the role of Annabeth.

Leah was consumed by all the negativity, which made her feel terrible about herself, question her worth, and even resulted in bruises and stress-induced rashes on her sensitive skin. The impact was so severe that she withdrew from social media, rejected potential acting opportunities, and isolated herself from friends and family, sometimes going entire days without speaking to anyone.

Things took a turn for the worse one evening when Leah's parents discovered her engaging in behavior that could have brought them to tears. Rushing her to urgent care, Leah was diagnosed with Clinical Depression, exhibiting all the classic symptoms. The doctor prescribed medication and offered advice, but Leah seemed indifferent. Her parents had to constantly remind her to take her daily doses.

Mrs. Jeffries was determined to follow the doctor's advice and help Leah get back on track. That's why she decided to invite Charlie, Aryan, Dior, and Walker over for a swim on this beautiful sunny day. However, things didn't go as planned when Leah ended up staying upstairs while the others enjoyed the pool. Despite Mrs. Jeffries' warning to stay off her phone for safety reasons, Leah chose not to listen.

Leah absorbed each comment she read, feeling a wave of negative thoughts wash over her. Suddenly, the door creaked open, prompting Leah to hastily shut her book and stuff her phone away. Walker's gaze met hers, his blonde hair glistening with dampness as a towel hung loosely around his shoulders.

"God, Walker. You scared me!" Leah exclaimed, her voice dripping with annoyance.

"Sorry," Walker's apology escaped his lips, barely audible, as his voice carried the weight of his sorrow. Leah couldn't help but roll her eyes.

Regrettably, due to Leah's diagnosis, she had isolated herself from everyone, particularly her recent boyfriend, Walker Scobell. Walker was completely unaware of Leah's depression, but he was genuinely worried about her. He truly longed for the old Leah, as every action he took seemed to be met with her making him feel less.