CHAPTER 19

Yeonjin thinks she's close to being psychologically insane. Obviously, what happened at that afterparty never left her mind, and it's been going on in her head like an unending train of film.

She was confident that she masked her feelings when they continued the night at one table until they bid a dry good-bye. Everything was smooth, and no one felt the awkwardness between them, so it's a successful secret.

She may look unbothered on the outside, but inside, her heart is close to exploding. Yeonjin thought it'd vanish on a Sunday, but another week of work turned up, and she's now dragging her feet inside her office with her glasses protecting her tired eyes. She hasn't been granted a peaceful sleep ever since!

Also, the dominant alpha sent a message that night, which she only left on read. I'm sorry, I got carried away; that was the content.

So, is he sorry for the kiss? Or is he sorry for what he feels? Did I kiss him badly? Yeonjin was confident that she's a good kisser, though. She's just confused about what he is sorry for.

I know what he meant, too. When he told her that his inner alpha wanted to get more of her, she knew the meaning behind it.

How could our inner alpha and omega be connected when we don't even like each other? They're bickering rather than getting along.

"Good morning, CEO Jung," Eunyoung said when she entered the CEO's office.

"Good morning," Yeonjin tried to get her focus back to work and cleared her throat. "How was your leave? Did you fix everything?"

"It was wonderful, Miss Jung. I got to stay on the beach overnight. The sea calms me." Eunyoung answered with an obvious glow on her face. It made Yeonjin smile.

"That's good, Eunyoung-ah. If you need some time off more, don't hesitate to ask me."

"I will, but I promise to finish my tasks when I go back too. Speaking of, you have an email from a fashion school in China. They're talking about their upcoming pop-up event, and they are inviting Jung Atelier with Jung Parfum for a collaboration."

They sent an email? Yeonjin blinks multiple times and quickly opens her mail. It was there, as said.

Yeonjin sighed. I really need to focus.

"Are you okay, miss?" Eunyoung worriedly asks while stepping closer to the CEO's desk. "You look pale. Also, your eyes were lightly reddish."

"Ah!" Yeonjin bitterly chuckled and nodded. "I'm okay. I just had trouble sleeping these past nights."

"Are you stressing too much again? Something heavy in your mind? Do you have to consult a doctor?"

"No, no, I'll be fine in some time. Thank you for your concern." Yeonjin shakes her hands while laughing. "I'll review the proposal and let you know about it after. Jaehyun had already told me about it last week, and they already agreed. We'll bring Jung Atelier there too."

"I understand. Take care of your health too, CEO Jung. If you need some time off, I can handle the loads."

Yeonjin smiled and nodded. "I'll consider that. Thank you, Miss Hwang."