CHAPTER 44

December |

The streets are still filled with snow, the air is cold and crisp, and people are either enjoying making snowmen and snow angels or just cooped up in their houses making cookies and hot chocolates.

The winter season is at its peak, yet two households are still feeling the blossoms of spring and the warmth of the summer as they look forward to being one family.

Scintillate: Imagine it's a cool summer night, the stars sparkles brilliantly in the sky overhead and the campfire blazes away.

LEE JENO and JUNG YEONJIN

Congratulations on your wedding!

- Na JM, Starlight Media

"Cheers to the newlyweds!"

Pastel-colored petals rained down the reception hall as Jeno and Yeonjin walked through the platform.

Loud cheers and flashes of cameras filled the scene as their eyes perfectly captured the highlight of the year.

A wedding of the century, they said. Their exchange of hearts is the biggest year-end celebration.

"Smile here, beautiful," Jeno whispered in her ear, making the girl immediately look at him with a bright smile. "Pretty. That's what I like."

Yeonjin playfully hits his arm. "You're teasing me too much today. You kissed me when I stopped at the end of the aisle."

"Aww, I didn't know I had to wait for the signal. Should we go for a take two then?"

Yeonjin rolled her eyes and pointed at the side where their parents were. "Shut up and just smile at everyone."

"I'll marry you again soon," Jeno mumbled. "I will get married to you over and over again until my last breath."

Yeonjin can only shake her head, but internally, she's dying of squealing. The audacity of this man. The audacity of my husband.

"I want to get out of here," Jeno mumbles yet again when they reach the end of the platform, where they are supposed to sit at a lovely table prepared for them.

"And where will you go?"

Jeno looked at her with a knowing grin. "Should we ditch the whole reception and mate?"

"Behave, will you?" She flashed a warning smile.

The dominant alpha can just pout and sulk in his seat. "I only want you alone. These people are taking too much of your time."

"This man!" Yeonjin snorted. "Should we postpone this then?"

"What, no! Fine, let's hear their boring speeches."

"I'm really gonna leave you here."

Jeno gasped. "We just got married!"