Chapter 24: Dinner Plans

Jennie pov

As the day of the dinner with Lisa's parents approached, Jennie found herself consumed by a whirlwind of nerves and worry. Her heart raced with anxiety, her thoughts swirling with endless possibilities of how the evening might unfold. Would Lisa's parents approve of her? Would they see her as a suitable match for their daughter? The questions tormented her mind, filling her with a sense of unease that seemed to grow with each passing moment.

As she paced back and forth in her apartment, her hands trembling with nervous energy, her friends Chaeyoung and Jisoo watched on with concern. They could see the worry etched on Jennie's face, the lines of tension evident in her furrowed brow and clenched jaw.

"Jennie, sweetheart," Chaeyoung began, her voice gentle and reassuring as she reached out to place a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder, "you don't need to worry so much. Lisa's parents are sure to love you just as much as we do."

Jisoo nodded in agreement, her expression one of unwavering confidence and support as she added, "That's right, Jennie. You're an amazing person, and anyone would be lucky to have you in their life. Just be yourself, and everything will work out fine."

But despite her friends' words of encouragement, Jennie couldn't shake the feeling of dread that gnawed at the pit of her stomach. The thought of facing Lisa's parents filled her with a sense of vulnerability that she found hard to shake, her insecurities threatening to overwhelm her at every turn.

As the hours ticked by and the time for the dinner drew near, Jennie took a deep breath and tried to calm her racing heart. With Chaeyoung and Jisoo by her side, offering words of comfort and support, she found the strength to push aside her fears and face the evening with courage and determination.

And as they made their way to the hotel's VIP lounge, Jennie couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude for her friends' unwavering support. With their love and encouragement bolstering her spirits, she knew that no matter what the evening held in store, she would face it with strength and grace, ready to embrace whatever challenges lay ahead.