Chapter 29: Annoying cousin

Jennie's heart skipped a beat as her phone rang, and she saw her mom's caller ID. She quickly answered the call, expecting to hear her mother's voice. However, to her surprise, her cousin Nayeon's mischievous voice came through the line.

"Nayeon, where's mom?" Jennie asked, irritation already creeping into her tone.

"Oh, calm down, sis!" Nayeon replied, her voice carrying a teasing lilt. "Your mom just handed me the phone for a bit. I wanted to talk to you."

Jennie rolled her eyes, knowing that dealing with Nayeon was always a rollercoaster. She stepped away from Lisa to ensure privacy, unknowingly giving Nayeon the opportunity to get under her skin.

Then, in a tone that made Jennie's blood boil, Nayeon continued, "By the way, I saw Lisa's picture, sis. Your girlfriend is really hot and cool. Can I borrow her for a few nights? You know, we both can enjoy."

Jennie's anger surged, and she couldn't contain her frustration. "Nayeon, that's enough! Don't you dare talk about Lisa like that. She's not some object for your entertainment."

Nayeon chuckled on the other end, clearly enjoying pushing Jennie's buttons. "Oh, come on, don't be so uptight. I was just kidding. But seriously, how did you manage to snag someone like her? Spill the secrets, sis."

Jennie took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself. "Lisa and I love each other, Nayeon. It's not about 'snagging' someone. It's about mutual respect and understanding. I suggest you learn about that instead of making inappropriate comments."

Nayeon continued to tease, but Jennie decided not to engage further. She excused herself from the call, feeling a mix of annoyance and frustration. As she returned to Lisa's side, she couldn't help but shake off the unsettling feeling Nayeon's words had left behind.

Jennie took a moment to compose herself before returning to Lisa's side, her mind still reeling from the conversation with her cousin. As she approached, Lisa looked up with concern, sensing Jennie's unease.

"Is everything okay, love?" Lisa asked, her voice soft and filled with genuine concern.

Jennie forced a smile, though the weight of Nayeon's words still lingered in her mind. "Yeah, just a call from my cousin. She can be a handful sometimes," she replied, trying to brush off the tension.

Lisa reached out, gently cupping Jennie's cheek with her hand. "You know you can tell me anything, right? Whatever it is, we'll face it together."

Jennie's heart swelled with gratitude at Lisa's words, her love for her girlfriend deepening with each passing moment. With a nod, she leaned into Lisa's touch, finding solace in the warmth of her embrace.

"Thank you, Lisa," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "I'm so grateful to have you by my side."

Lisa smiled, her eyes sparkling with love and understanding. "Always, Jennie. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

With a sense of relief washing over her, Jennie melted into Lisa's arms, feeling the weight of her worries lift as she lost herself in the comfort of their love. And as they held each other close, their bond grew stronger, a beacon of light guiding them through whatever challenges lay ahead. Together, they would face the world, hand in hand, their love unbreakable and unwavering in the face of adversity.

As they were enjoying suddenly Lisa phone rings..

Then

As Jennie reached for Lisa's phone, she noticed the caller ID displaying "Irene." Curiosity piqued, she answered the call and put it on speaker, unaware of what was about to unfold.

"Hello?" Jennie greeted, her voice laced with curiosity as she held the phone out for Lisa to hear.

"Hey there, gorgeous," came the voice on the other end, oozing with flirtatious charm. "Is this Lisa's number? I've been dying to hear from her."

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she glanced at Lisa, who looked equally puzzled. "Um, yes, this is Lisa's phone," Jennie replied, exchanging a bemused look with her girlfriend.

Lisa's expression turned to one of realization, her eyes widening in horror as she recognized the voice on the other end of the line. Her heart sank as she realized her mistake in putting the call on speaker.

"Irene, it's Lisa," she interjected hastily, her voice tinged with discomfort as she tried to salvage the situation. "What's up?"

There was a brief pause on the line before Irene's voice came through again, this time laced with confusion. "Lisa? Oh, I thought I was calling someone else. Sorry about that," Irene replied, her tone shifting from flirtatious to awkward in an instant.

Lisa breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that Irene hadn't said anything incriminating while the call was on speaker. She shot Jennie a sheepish smile, silently apologizing for the unexpected turn of events.

"It's okay, Irene," Lisa replied, her voice tinged with relief. "No worries. Was there something you needed?"

Jennie's curiosity peaked as she listened in on the conversation, her mind racing with questions about Lisa's mysterious cousin Irene. But before she could inquire further, Irene explained that she had dialed the wrong number and quickly ended the call.

As the call disconnected, Jennie turned to Lisa with a quizzical expression. "Who was that?" she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Lisa hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to explain. "That was my cousin, Irene," she replied finally, her voice tinged with embarrassment. "She...she can be a bit...flirtatious sometimes."

Jennie raised an eyebrow in surprise, her mind buzzing with newfound curiosity about Lisa's family. But she decided to let the matter drop for now, content to enjoy the rest of their morning together without any further distractions.

With a smile, she reached out to take Lisa's hand in hers, squeezing it gently as they returned to their embrace, their love stronger than ever in the wake of the unexpected phone call. And as they held each other close, their hearts beating as one, Jennie knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, hand in hand, their love unshakeable and unwavering in the face of uncertainty.