The Golden Age

AS SEEN IN THE TRUE TELLINGS BY GRANDMAESTER GERARDYS, 145AC

The Golden age is what they call the achievements and accomplishments of King Jaehaerys, first of his name. He turned a war torn Westeros into a functional society that quite easily topped most in the world. His sister-wife Queen Alysanne gave him 13 children in her life with 9 reaching adulthood. Given this fact, no one dared question the line of succession for the King had heir after heir.

Princess Rhaella Targaryen was born on the 23rd day of the third moon of the year 65Ac to the King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne Targaryen. Born as the ninth child, she had very little purpose to play in the court's Game of Thrones and grew quite comfortably in the Red Keep. The little princess wasn't as bold as her eldest sister Alyssa or as smart as her sister Maegelle or as sweet as her sister Daella, she simply just was. The sister who was just there.

She was a quiet babe who much preferred to just be left on her mother's lap then be passed around the court or her ever growing family. As a child she attended her Septa's lesson with little to no push from her mother and she done reasonably well in them. The courts thought her shy but why shouldn't she be? She was entitled to nothing but possibly an army for her father or perhaps a fleet of ships should Dorne invade.

The year 86AC came around as the winter months got harsher and the conditions became less than favourable. Less than favourable is the way many would describe the feel the Red Keep held during this time, the king and his queen had been at odds for some time. Some would say how the king threw himself into his rule and away from his marriage in fear of the dragon blood his wife possessed.

The Queen was a calm collective figurehead who cared for her subjects but none she cared more for than her children, none loved the fruits of their marriage more than her. She understood her sons had duty to the realm and to their father but her daughters were hers.

Alyssa, her bold girl, she had been able  to give her the marriage she always sort after to her sweet spring Prince Baelon. Together they had two darling boys Viserys and Daemon, although they could've been as similar as night and day. Viserys a peaceful boy who enjoyed to be dotted on and Daemon who would one day prove his fiery blood. But in 84ac when Alyssa took to the birthing bed again the Stranger had decided it was her time; the boy Aegon did not live to know his first name day.

Maegelle was always a clever girl and Alysanne knew she would be more suited to the faith. A tough task for a mother to part with her daughter, yet she knew Maegelle wished to serve more than anything.The Gods had blessed her with so many children surely she could grace the faith with the service of one of her own.

Daella was a good girl who feared her own shadow at times; she knew her daughter should've stayed safely with her but when Jaehaerys demanded a 16 year old Daella to marry, Alysanne had little choice. Lord Rodrick Arryn although old was a good choice for her good little girl, he was careful not to spook her and had good intentions from what anyone could tell. When the two eventually married it wasn't until a little over a year later that Daella called in fear for her mother to rush to her aid.

It was Daellas turn to brace the battle of childbirth and Daella never liked battle.

After giving birth to a healthy baby girl who she named Aemma, the Stranger called to another one of Alysannes daughters.

In her grief, the Queen decided to blame her husband for forcing their daughters to wed before their time. Whether his fault or not is an argument for another day but it is fairly noted the couple were not on good terms. The king took a step back from family life and left his wife with their remaining children. Grief took its tole out on Alysanne though, so her duties and responsibilities came to pass onto her next daughter Rhaella. The Princess was pushed front and centre to care for her mother's household.
Gradually the Good Queen managed to find her way back to her duty and remaining children although her anger never fully diminished.

The King had been dealing with issues of his own, against popular belief he was grieving in his own way for his precious daughters. All whom he failed. The small council and members of court had been pushing him to pull together his succession. His heir Aemon had announced that his lady Jocelyn was to bare no more children after their daughter Rhaenys and Jaehaerys knew the realm wasn't ready for a Queen quite yet. Even if against all odds Rhaenys took the crown, the realm would force her to wage war and the thought tore at him.

Nevermind the unimaginable situation that the crown must pass down again, Baelon was widowed. Two sons? Yes but widowed all the same.

The king refused to take another bride and he refused for Rhaenys to be looked over. The only solution he couldn't argue with is why Baelon was still unmarried. He understood Alyssa was his twin flame but how was he to use that to the council of snakes that surrounded him.

It was with that decision that The King Jaehaerys bought the most important pawn to play and changed the fate of history forever.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

This first chapter is like a flash forward to the writings of the Grand Maester pre-dance. The rest of this book will be more story like you could say and not from the retelling of a maester. enjoy?