Leaving Already

Spring 86ac, Kings Landing

Winter had torn through the realm and left it with a warmer breeze of Spring. The seas had calmed and the flowers bloomed, everything seemed on the up. Except - if court gossip can be believed - for the newest royal couple it seems.

Upon hearing the door slam close, Baelon let out an exhausted sigh. He did not need nor choose to look up to see to who entered his study. With the extended absence of the Queen, there was only one person who would be bursting into his room in such a way at such an inconvenient time.

"You will not even leave this study for dinner with your sons , dear husband?"

Baelon knew this was coming, Viserys had demanded a family dinner in their chambers but the King had demanded his road plans to be looked over before the next council meeting. Summer meant more people would be travelling, roads would be needed to secure the kingdoms safety and they were already behind as it was.

"You know I would if I could, darling wife."

Baelon spat with enough fire to warn his sister; the end of his lip turning up into an almost missable smirk.

"If you wanted to be there you would."

The Princess replied in an aggravatingly composed tone. Rhaella took in the state of the room - papers scattered, maps placed around the floors. Normally his wife would chastise him for living in such a state, yet he made the decision she was in a good mood. Perhaps she had found a knight to please her and leave me to my peace. He thought, trying to bite back a grin.

"I have spoken to father...

That's not a good sign at all.

He has given his permission...

No this was must certainly not good news for him.

To ease your lack of focus, The King has agreed to...

He was feeling a headache at that very name.

Allow the boys and me to spend the summer months at Dragonstone upon mother's soon return."

For fuck sake.
It wasn't a bad idea, the boys needed friends their own age and Kings Landing wasn't the best place to just be children.
He just hadn't separated from them and for that long.

A moment passed and Rhaella was starting to get nervous, he hadn't lashed out yet but his jaw was clenching more and more by the second. The veins in his head might burst if he doesn't stop thinking so harshly, she didn't dare share those thoughts to him though.

"When are you to leave?"

Better response than she thought.

"A fortnight. For three moons. The boys will enjoy the fre.."

"Do not lecture me on it. I know they will have a good time. Twenty of my own house guards will accompany you as well."

"Thank you, My Prince"

She did not wait long enough for a response and instead headed to inform the children of their relocation. To be completely honest, it is only Viserys who might have an issue with parting with his father and uncles.

Daemon would follow her with no complaints.

She had a plan. Her boys would enjoy their time away from the court but that didn't mean she couldn't be productive with her time aswell...

————————————————————————-

Ok I have no idea how to feel about this, I feel like I'll write an odd first draft of this story then go back and edit it after I do the first act or the first two? I really am cringing at reading it ngl. Xxxx

here i am lads. going over it.