The Union Of Dragons

Winter 86AC, Kings Landing

The torrential rains and wind did not pause for the dragon's union. Most of the realm raised a glass in private to the new couple as the roads were too dangerous to travel on. This ended in the wedding being smaller than first anticipated and more miserable than perhaps it could've been.

The Queen Alysanne had returned in the dead of night with the Princesses Viserra, who held a grim frown, and Gael who just looked happy to be there.

The king had walked his daughter to his son at the altar. Aemon was standing stoically behind Baelon as if to stop him from turning back and running.

The Princes Viserys and Daemon as well as Princess Rhaenys all sat in the first row with their grandmother and aunts. Lady Jocelyn as well as the small council and court members graced the rest of the first rows.

Common folk had been granted the last few rows of seats to fill the room in place of guests. Guards had been carefully placed around the room in case of a sudden rebellion or disruption to the wedding.

King Jaehaerys Targaryen walked his daughter down the aisle with such ease and practise. Almost as if he was showing off how he'd done this many time before.

The ceremony was in the light of the seven, shocking considering neither Baelon nor Rhaella worshipped such gods. But this wedding was not for them but rather the lords who sat in place of their missing family members at the front of the sept.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger."

Both repeated the names to the sept with composed grace only those with life long training could manage.

"I am hers and she is mine..."

"I am his and he is mine..."

"From this day till the end of my days"

"With this kiss I pledge my love."
A swift kiss was placed just above Rhaella's lip.

The final vow was made before the Seven Gods and most importantly the seven realms. Although those realms may not have been directly there to hear them, no one could doubt they knew of it.

The feast came and went. The court seemed pleased with dancing and feasting and drinking. The Royal Family on the otherhand had placed on their tight smiles and politely raised a glass to the new couple.

The Princess knew she wouldn't have a bedding ceremon, her mother would never allow such a thing but she knew she'd have to perform the act tonight. Her father as well as his vipers would surely send someone to check her wedding bed for her Maidenhead and the shrivels of youth she clung to.

"Wife, it it time."

Wife had a rather foreign sound to it. Especially coming from her elder brother. She may be a Targaryen but her and Baelon had never been close. They were too different: in age, character, interests.

With a stiff lip she managed to nod her head with a quick yes husband.

She realised on the walk that she didn't know where she was going. Her rooms were with her sisters, it seems Baelons were much larger and suitable for a family. Viserys and Daemon were in the same corridor with easy access to their father.

This was the moment she'd feared.
Baelon looked at her in regret, a pleading look on his face as if to say forgive me.

She nodded.

He moved. She stayed.

Baelon pulled something from the table she'd walked herself backwards into.

"I will not kill another one of my mother's daughters."

As quickly as he grabbed it, his ring finger sliced open upon the blade. Blood squirting out of it if not for the blades firm press against the wound.

He walked to their bed and stared at the sheets as they were splattered red with his own blood.

Baelon didn't even give her a look. He just left.

This was her new life.

Princess Rhaella, Wife of the Spring Prince Baelon the Brave.