A Mothers Rage

23rd Day of the Eighth moon, 93ac
Reign of King Jaehaerys, Kings Landing

The birth of Crown Prince Baelon and Princess Rhaella's twin babes was considered a blessing for House Targaryen and the realm.

With the recent loss of members and a muddled succession, the stability of the royal household had been in question. However the heir to the Iron Throne now had four heirs of his own; giving the King peace for the first time in many years.

The princess, having delivered two strong babes, was on bed rest for her heroics. The long, arduous labour had taken a dangerous toll on her body, leaving her brother Maester Vaegon to provide her with milk of the poppy. The drink mixed with a honey tea had put her into an undisturbed sleep whilst her body recovered the initial aftershock.

The midwife's and maesters (spare Vaegon) had long been dismissed from the room as well as the court members in the corridor. The Viper's of the small council had already let the news spread throughout the realm - A prince was born to secure the succession in Baelon's favour, as well as a Princess who will grow as beautiful as her ancestors.

The realm would have to hold its breath for the coin to land with those two.

A Week Later
30th Day of the Eighth Moon

The Prince Viserys had already set out to accompany a herd of his Grandsire's men to escort the Lady Aemma to court. The Prince was beyond beaten to leave his only recently expanded family so soon but the sooner he left, the sooner he'd be allowed to return. In all honesty, he doesn't believe he would've left if it wasn't for the sudden change in his brother.

Daemon had rarely left his Mother's side since she had given birth. There were days where he'd sleep in the chair next to her bed in fear she'd not awake. It had taken three days for his father to practically claw him away from her and force him to take a bath. Viserys knew his brother would not allow any harm to fall upon their family whilst he was absent from the keep.

Rhaella hated being stuck in bed. She couldn't take care of her children properly. She couldn't force her children to go take care of themselves either for that matter. Then there was her father sending away her sweet eldest son whilst she was still confined to her chamber. Baelon had been forced back to his duties aswell. Leaving her and Daemon with the twins for the majority of the day; not that he minded.

2nd Day of the First Moon of 94ac
The Reign of Jaehaerys, Kings Landing

The King stood front and centre with his Queen on his left side and heir, Prince Baelon on his right. Today was the day Prince Viserys returned to court after his journey to the Vale to escort his cousin Lady Aemma Arryn to take her place with the maternal side of her family.

Next to the crowned prince was his sister-wife Rhaella holding her son Prince Aerys, a usually quiet and peaceful babe. The littlest Prince seemed to be enamoured by the clouds in the sky as he made wide eyes and jaw drops at them. Aerys was a curious child that liked smiling at anything and everything, he could be passed around court and still hold a true smile.

In stark comparison was his younger twin sister Princess Vaelys, the little girl had decided she wouldn't be happy if it wasn't her father or brother holding her. In protest to her father not holding her, she had cried for several hours. Only coming to a halt when her elder brother Daemon cooed her in his arms. Much to the jealousy of their father who did infact wish to hold his little princess ; if it wasn't for the fact the King had told him it was against protocol.