Sacrifice

2nd Day of the First Moon of 94ac
The Reign of Jaehaerys, Kings Landing

Targaryens are said to be closer to gods than to men, however the power of the gods should never be limited to the body of a mere mortal. Fire and Divine Intervention shouldn't have be muddied with the blood of men. The Houses of Old Valyria found that one out when the Doom set upon them. House Targaryen was one of the only survivors of those times of old.

Gods watered down by the blood of men.
Or men intertwined with the blood of the Divine.
No one should hold that power.

Servants and Court wanderers claim for many a year that the late morning of the second day of the first moon, 96ac, was the birth of the Mother of Dragons. When Princess transformed to Dragon.  Well read Maesters and People of History, such as you and me, would disagree.

The Blood of the Dragon and always run deep - fiery and hot. The women of the royal bloodline always ended with such depressing stories that were only cemented in history by footnotes and birth announcements. The rage of the women. The scorn. The disgrace. The betrayal. It passed down like an heirloom.
From mother to daughter,
sister to sister,
aunt to niece.
Until finally the fire raged and the world burned.

The Princess Rhaella wouldn't be the one to burn the world, it would be another few hundred years before her descendant Daenerys Targaryen brought dragon fire down upon Kings Landing. But it can be safely said, the city did fear Rhaella to be the first to do so.

Her husband would've already been aware of this, that much she knew. She could deal with him later. Now she had to visit the only person who might be able to talk her father out of his madness. Her pride aside for once. Gods how it had taken a hit.

She didn't care how they looked at her through the corridors, this was her home. Her children's home. They were the guests. She was a dragon for Gods sake. How dare they judge her. In what world does the Viper judge the Dragon?

The rooms for the heir and his family was placed at the far end of Maegor's holdfast; her room as a child was the floor above with her sisters nearby. The Kings room was the closest to the main keep for obvious and representative reasons. The Queen's was the next, it was down a more simpler and warmer corridor. Hanging plants and white marble statures graced a courtyard by the rooms. Most would relish in the peace. However that was difficult when the Future Queen was at a near sprint with a face of pure anguish down the stretch.

Even in her rage, she noticed the obvious differences to her own mother's quarters. There was no kings guard outside the main room. The servants seemed less occupied and more relaxed than usual.

Grey Ghost roared in unison with his Princess,

Mother.

A servant girl a few summers off becoming a woman stood near with a dusting cloth watching her anxiously.

Girl, come here.

Tears prickled the girls eyes as the Princess stood with the madness of Maegor himself,

No, My Princess. The Queen... she
She ...
Please ...

Spit it out girl. My anger is not directed at yourself.

I'm sorry, your grace. It's just the Queen sent most of her household to her residence at Dragonstone. I am one of the few remaining.