Chapter 6

☆ Chapter Six ☆

Chapter Six 

Wednesday

[7:00am]

"Why did you have to go to this school?" Lina's words echo through Jay's thoughts, the boy frowning as he stares at the ceiling. He hadn't slept at all, his mind racing through the events of the night before. Did Lina really hate him going to the same school as her that much? His knuckles still ached from punching that boy, but he didn't regret doing it. Jay would have fought all three of those creeps if they had challenged him further, especially if it meant that he didn't have to see that fearful look in Lina's eyes again. 

"God, will you turn that fucking alarm off?" Jay is pulled from his thoughts by a pillow smacking into his side, Hyun letting out an annoyed grumble as he holds his hands over his ears. Jay slowly rolls over, grabbing his still ringing phone. He stops the alarm and drops the device onto his chest with a sigh, resting his arm over his eyes. 

"Did you really have to tell them that I'm your girlfriend?" Jay sits up suddenly, covering his face with both of his hands. He didn't need to tell them that. It was easy to tell that those three guys wouldn't have actually fought him, so why did he say that Lina was his girlfriend? Jay's phone vibrates with a text, Lina's contact lighting up the screen. 

Lina

idk if this is still ur number jay

but thank u for last night

The corners of Jay's mouth twitch slightly as he reads the texts again, finally standing from his bed. He walks into the bathroom, splashing cold water onto his face in an attempt to wake himself up. Jay stares at his own reflection, water dripping down his skin. 

What have I gotten myself into? He thinks to himself as he straightens, drying his face. He steps out of the bathroom, Hyun still laying with his back to him. Jay grabs his bag, throwing it over his shoulder before walking out of his dorm. He pauses as he comes face-to-face with Lina, her eyes widening slightly as they look at each other. Jay can't help but look her over, seeing no visible injuries from the events of last night. 

"Good Morning." He mumbles, shoving his hands into his pockets as he turns away from her. Jay starts walking before Lina can respond, feeling uncomfortable being so close to her. When did that happen? All he wanted to do was grab her and hug her, simply out of pure relief that she seemed to be okay. 

"What? No sarcastic comment? No, 'good morning, bunny'?" Lina asks as she catches up to him, mimicking his voice. Jay makes an effort not to look at her, staring straight ahead. He curses himself when he steps into the elevator, knowing he should've just taken the stairs. Lina stands next to him, far closer than she needs to. Her hand brushes his and the boy flexes his fingers, trying to keep himself calm.